7th Station ~TV, movies, games~

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: 7th Station ~TV, movies, games~

Postby boinsie » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:52 am

Celedam wrote:I ask out of simple curiosity — after all, it was originally released before many of you were even born, and what constitutes "the popular culture" changes with each successive generation. It's not in the same class as, say, Star Wars, so… *shrug*

I'm probably not considered a "youngster" on this forum anymore, but...

Me and my brothers circa 1989 or so...
Spoiler: show
With all of our Ghostbusters memorabilia at the time, and computer game. We watched the cartoon show a ton, too...
Ghostbusters II's soundtrack was on non-stop in my life for quite some time following its release, too. :hehe:
boinsie
Guru

Postby otaku_blue » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:42 am

Im so excited for the new Super Smash Bros game.
otaku_blue
Devotee

Postby wotakubrandon » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:18 am

I'd be more excited in they would confirm Jigglypuff. Like why are they playing with my heart?
wotakubrandon

Postby boinsie » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:36 am

True, but they also haven't confirmed Ness yet either, right? I can only assume that the entirely of the original cast will be returning.
boinsie
Guru

Postby Mirai » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:25 pm

Celedam wrote:…I gotta ask: how many of you youngsters have actually watched it? Not just the famous and/or quotable bits, but the entire thing all the way through.

Not sure if I'm the part of the youngster crowd at almost 27, but when I was little we used to watch it at slumber parties, plus I later bought it on DVD, so I've seen it all the way through a number of times.
Mirai
Minion

Favorite Idol: Ai Takahashi

Postby otaku_blue » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:58 pm

boinsie wrote:True, but they also haven't confirmed Ness yet either, right? I can only assume that the entirely of the original cast will be returning.

They have no reason to drop ness, so he'll probably be included in the next character launch.
But I've never been a ness fan.

Just interesting speculation for you guys:
Tsunku's own Rhythm Heaven is most likely going to be included in some form? http://imgur.com/a/fuIJc

I'm so excited for this. I have a 3DS and Im considering somehow getting a WiiU just to play this in its HD glory. :crying:
otaku_blue
Devotee

Postby erilaz » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:30 pm

Mel B (the artist formerly known as Scary Spice) was the special guest on tonight's episode of Whose Line. I'm soooo jealous of Colin, Ryan, and Wayne right now….
"Sometimes it seems as though the whole point of the Japanese writing system is to keep non-Japanese people from understanding what the hell is going on." — Dave Barry
erilaz
Lazarus

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

Postby Celedam » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:45 am

"Am I a good man?"

Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby iceymoon » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:30 pm

seen all Ghostbusters movies several times. brother and i loved the cartoon as kids. but like the others that have answered, i'm not as young as some of the other members of this forum (but to your point, the first movie was out 2 years before i was born).
iceymoon

Postby Celedam » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:55 pm

Celedam wrote:HBO's Rome (2005) and the BBC's I, Claudius (1976) make for excellent back-to-back viewing. Setting aside the obvious differences in production, they do a good job of telling an only somewhat dramatized version of the story of the founding of the Roman Empire. They bookend the boring part in the middle — that is, Augustus' long and relatively peaceful consolidation of power — and cover the interesting bits at the beginning and end, respectively.

Addendum: It helps to also have Act 3, Scene 2 of Shakespeare's Julius Caesar on hand, because the eulogy scene is conspicuously missing from the corresponding episode of HBO's Rome. Instead, it's a dramatic cut from the funeral itself to Brutus and Antony talking afterwards, strongly implying that anything the show would attempt would just ape Shakespeare anyhow, so why bother? Heh.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project