7th Station ~TV, movies, games~

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: 7th Station ~TV, movies, games~

Postby Zunu » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:09 pm

resop2 wrote:Is anyone else having trouble with the MM.'14 2048 game?

http://community.usvsth3m.com/2048/morn ... 4-edition/

None of the pictures show for me.

It's pretty easy to figure out what the problem is.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby erilaz » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:48 pm

Nayoko-Kihara wrote:I'm still surprised when I learn about some of the characters in old comics/cartoons that became at least a little popular.

Speaking of old cartoon characters, I think it's cool that Disney is making official Oswald the Lucky Rabbit merchandise these days. I saw a guy wearing an "Oswald's Filling Station" shirt at Japan Expo, and I had to compliment him on it.

On a related note, I recently bought this wonderful (but very unofficial) t-shirt. XD
"Sometimes it seems as though the whole point of the Japanese writing system is to keep non-Japanese people from understanding what the hell is going on." — Dave Barry
erilaz
Lazarus

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

Postby resop2 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:55 am

Speaking of free online games that no longer work, Block Smasher, one of my favorite breakout style games now hangs at the loading menu part.
resop2
Skeptic

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:06 pm

Time for me to be sad about the Hub Network being reformatted once again. You only had a few original shows that I liked, but you aired a heck of a lot of reruns that I loved. Maybe Discovery Family will surprise me.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby Denki » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:57 pm

^based on a recently article, they will keep My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, which is really the only Hasbro-related animated show I cared about. :fear:

It was pretty obvious that their most popular show would stay tho... (Littlest Pet Shop and Transformers Rescue Bots are confirmed to stay as well.)

---------

Now, I have been in the asian drama feeling recently. :blush: I decided to watch Itazura na Kiss: Love in TOKYO mainly because it's an adaption of one of my biased manga series. I have read up to volume 9 of the manga rerelease and watched the entire anime. It kinda sucks knowing what's going to happen because of being a hardcore fan, but I just can't help laughing and fangirling about certain scenes/events. :lol:
Denki

Favorite Idol: えりぽん

Postby Celedam » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:07 am

Gurren Lagann is the anti-Evangelion.

That is all.

(after some quick googling, i can see that's hardly a new thought or statement. but fundamental truths rarely are, and i just finished watching it, so it's new for me.)
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Zunu » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:01 am

Coincidentally I was just today lamenting with a friend how Evangelion, despite loving it back in the day, was like an archetype for some unfortunate trends in anime. And I've been kinda sorta meaning to watch TTGL ever since I heard Shokotan's mighty OP. So now my interest is re-piqued.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby Celedam » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:28 pm

Zunu wrote:Coincidentally I was just today lamenting with a friend how Evangelion, despite loving it back in the day, was like an archetype for some unfortunate trends in anime.

I didn't like Evangelion that much to begin with. I always felt like reaching through the screen and smacking Shinji, and depending on the episode, there was either too much or not enough Kabbalah to make any real sense.

Zunu wrote:And I've been kinda sorta meaning to watch TTGL ever since I heard Shokotan's mighty OP.

Zunu wrote:So now my interest is re-piqued.

It's on both Netflix and Hulu right now.
Last edited by Celedam on Wed May 22, 2019 3:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Starra » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:32 pm

I get that Eva was influential and all that, but eh. I didn't like it too much. The characters were all whiny and annoying (except Gendou, somehow), and the last few episodes when they ran out of budget were laughable at best.

It does have amazing music, though. I'll give it that. And it's certainly not the worst thing I've ever watched, but people need to move on and stop thinking it's the greatest anime ever.

(I haven't seen enough of Gurren Lagann to judge, but from the first six episodes it doesn't really seem to be my thing. I'll probably finish it eventually, though...)
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby Celedam » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:43 pm

I wouldn't say it changes, as such; it has a certain style throughout, and if you don't like that style, so be it.

But I would say it expands, escalates, evolves over the course of the series. So if you didn't like it because it felt too… small, give it another chance. After all, there's a reason why it has three different openings.

In many ways, it's more like Gunbuster than Evangelion.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project