7th Station ~TV, movies, games~

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: 7th Station ~TV, movies, games~

Postby mura_yo » Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:57 pm

^
Just saw it yesterday(on Imax..). Really enjoyed it, and I see the resemblance to Farscape.
It was very well paced, good character building and great visuals, and overall a very fun comics movie.
mura_yo
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Gaki-san,Eripon

Postby forgetmenots » Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:19 pm

I really need to watch GTO. I keep meaning to. Now that I work with a teacher named Onizuka it feels even more imparitive lol.

I am slightly saddened how obviously they spent about twice as long on the art for episode 1 of Sailor Moon Crystal than they have on these last two episodes. There are so many off-model moments it saddens me. I do like they way Usagi befriending people feels more natural the way they have written things though, and I may have had a fangirl squee when Jaedite had a moment about Rei (I know that one art of the 4 knights with the 4 inner senshi isn't truly canon, but I love the idea none-the-less, so I hope this is a shout out to that piece from the art book)
forgetmenots
Queen of All Banners

Favorite Idol: Maachan, Nonaka, Oda

Postby Sohee » Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:54 pm

Well, back in the Moon Kingdom back then, they were kinda paired up so I'd say it's true enough. :b
Sohee
Hierophant

Favorite Idol: Kamei Eri

Postby forgetmenots » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:01 pm

^I remember reading somewhere that the mangaka said that despite the art the whole pairing up bit wasn't canon to the story, just something she had drawn. And I don't remember seeing hints in the anime or manga (not counting Jaedite's shrine helper stint). I could be mis-remembering though.

Either way I'm a fan of the idea they were paired in the Moon Kingdom so I'm happy :D
forgetmenots
Queen of All Banners

Favorite Idol: Maachan, Nonaka, Oda

Postby Starra » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:45 pm

So long as Zoicite shows up I'm okay. He was by far my fave villain from that arc.

Speaking of Sailor Moon, I finally finished season 1 of the original anime. Ended up really enjoying it. Pretty sure Jupiter is my fave inner senshi.
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby Sohee » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:54 pm

^
^Really? Well. She's always been part of the staff for the musicals and in the musicals they keep pairing them up so I just assumed... :lol:
Sohee
Hierophant

Favorite Idol: Kamei Eri

Postby Moh » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:30 am

Toshio Suzuki, Studio Ghibli’s general manager, took to Japanese television today to announce the closure of their animation feature film department.

Rumours of the Japanese animation studio’s closure have been circling the internet for the last couple of years, but a report from a Ghibli insider to Japanese website News Café made it appear as though that closure would be imminent. This rumour has now been confirmed by the general manager of the studio.

Studio Ghibli has been responsible for many beloved animated movies, not limited to Spirited Away, My Neighbour Totoro, and Howl’s Moving Castle. But they made no secret about the fact that in recent years they have been struggling financially, with their most recent movies failing to make a profit for the studio. The Tale of Princess Kaguya, released in 2013, made 5.1 billion yen, and was considered a flop by the studio due to the costs of the production.

Hayao Miyazaki, the co-founder of Studio Ghibli, retired last summer and handed the reins over to Toshio Suzuki — the latter gave up producing films to become the general manager.

The studio will now move on to managing their trademarks and copyrights, with a smaller staff, but will reportedly be keeping the option open to freelance out for any new, viable projects — as they used to prior to Porco Rosso. The full-time staff responsible for producing their feature films will presumably be let go.

When Marnie Was There will be their last feature film. It is based on the novel of the same name by Joan G. Robinson. The plot follows a sickly girl called Anna as she strikes up a friendship with the mysterious Marnie, while she recuperates at a seaside town. It was released on July 19 in Japan. There is no word yet on a U.S. release date.

http://www.hypable.com/2014/08/03/studi ... s-closure/
Moh
Prophet

Favorite Idol: 鈴木愛理・段原瑠々・島倉りか・北原もも

Postby wotakubrandon » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:19 am

2014 needs to slow down tbh.
wotakubrandon

Postby stam4o » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:26 am

Oh... this is actually hard to take ;_;
stam4o
Minion

Favorite Idol: Akari,Sayumi,Maachan,Riho

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:32 pm

The animation fan part of me is seriously sad about this news, though it is comforting to know the studio will still be around in some capacity for collaborative/freelance projects.

It's still sad to think about the people that will probably lose their jobs, and that there will be even fewer well put together 2D animated theatrical films.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project