7th Station ~TV, movies, games~

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: 7th Station ~TV, movies, games~

Postby boinsie » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:32 am

Wow, you went to the effort of digging out your dusty login info just to be an asshole. How Chatin™ of you. 8)

Real talk, Chatin, DaisukiDaiiyo, and I are already playing the game together. Does anyone BESIDES THOSE TWO MEMBERS have Triforce Heroes and want to play with us? :P
boinsie
Guru

Postby Zunu » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:48 am

Knowing jackshit about Triforce Heroes I googled it and the first thing that came up was a pic of some warriors that are totally stand-ins for chibi Boise, Chanting, and Daisy Ditto.

Oh... It's a genderfluid Link Trinity.

Of course it is.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby boinsie » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:07 pm

SOoo you're going to get a 3DS and play with us? :heart:
boinsie
Guru

Postby Celedam » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:20 am

The final trailer for Logan

It's mostly based on the graphic novel Old Man Logan, except for the addition of Xavier, the Reavers, and the girl. So it's a bit of a mashup, apparently, as most comic book movies are.

Speaking of the girl…

Spoiler: show
X-23 CONFIRMED!

It was strongly hinted before, but the claws now confirm it.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Amped » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:29 pm

I'm hoping to see Kudo and Harunan play Nintendo Switch backstage at a concert

Amped
High Priest

Postby Zunu » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:25 pm

Celedam wrote:The Expanse is finally available on Amazon Prime Video. Nifty.

I recently caught up with the ongoing S2 of The Expanse. The show was good last year, but it's surpassed itself in my opinion. The space battles, the political intrigue, the characterizations, everything's gotten tighter and richer. It reminds me a bit of the 2004 Battlestar Galactica series, except maybe even better, as it's based on well-plotted novels, not on a concept with no clear goal in sight. I find myself not rooting for any of the characters in particular, but rooting for this universe to succeed. Although that New Zealander boxer steals every scene she's in!

The only thing is that I never realized before how much Thomas Jane looks like Jon Stewart.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby erilaz » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:05 am

Netflix is going to stop streaming Danger 5 on March 9th, so I've been trying to see all of it before that happens. I finished up Season 1 last night.

It's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever watched. If you haven't heard of it, it's an Australian series about an Allied commando unit during World War II. Sort of. Throw in some 1960s British sci-fi/espionage, Japanese tokusatsu, and a crapton of anachronism, and you'll start to get the picture. Danger 5 get their orders from a Colonel Chestbridge, who has the head of a bald eagle and wears a jacket like the one Patrick McGoohan wore on The Prisoner, so historical accuracy of any sort should not be expected.

"Kill Hitler!"

Last edited by erilaz on Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Sometimes it seems as though the whole point of the Japanese writing system is to keep non-Japanese people from understanding what the hell is going on." — Dave Barry
erilaz
Lazarus

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

Postby Celedam » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:11 am

^ Season 2 switches from that '60s campy spy theme to an '80s action/thriller theme, with a bit of John Hughes high school comedy.

I tried very hard to like Danger 5, but I'm from the "Random Isn't Funny" school of comedy, so… meh.

Also, I hate smoking, so seeing all of those characters smoke heavily throughout was a big turn-off.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby erilaz » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:33 am

^ Yeah, I just watched the Season 2 trailer. I loved Season 1, but then again, I do enjoy random absurdity. It remains to be seen how well Season 2 will stack up in my opinion, but it looks promising.

Neither the 1940s nor the 1960s are known for being low on cigarette smoke, except insofar as wartime shortages were concerned, so I'd actually consider the heavy smoking to be one of the (very few) historically accurate elements.
"Sometimes it seems as though the whole point of the Japanese writing system is to keep non-Japanese people from understanding what the hell is going on." — Dave Barry
erilaz
Lazarus

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

Postby Celedam » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:55 am

Oh, I know it's accurate. I happened to see some old Get Smart the other day and was amazed all over again by how much smoking there was in it.

But that doesn't change the fact that I'm disgusted by it.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project