7th Station ~TV, movies, games~

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: 7th Station ~TV, movies, games~

Postby Celedam » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:58 am

The second season of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is much, much better than the first.

Spoiler: show
It's weird to hear them talk about Kree without ever actually saying "Kree". Just "blue angels from space".

And I just realized that with the Kree connection, Skye and her parents are probably Inhumans. It didn't click for me until Skye's father mentioned the "chosen few" who could handle the object and/or would survive a Kree invasion.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Nono » Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:53 am

Anyone else playing the new Dragon Age? Literally been losing sleep over it...I'm obsessed :wacko:
Nono
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Maki Goto

Postby JonCC » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:37 pm

Nono wrote:Anyone else playing the new Dragon Age?

Oh, yes. Very much so.
I've restarted a bunch of times, but that's par for the course when it comes to me and these kinds of RPGs.

Really enjoying it though.
JonCC
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Sayashi Riho

Postby Nono » Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:27 pm

^ I restarted quite a few times myself also. Really happy with the progress on my current mage tho so if I ever restart it'll be a completely new file.
Nono
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Maki Goto

Postby wotakubrandon » Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:46 am

Dragon Age is taking up all of my non-work time. Why is the Hinderlands so large though? Like I'm walking way too far for a video game even with a mount.

Not liking how they've done the mages this go round either. But I'm already level 8 so it's too late to pick something else :mikihead:
wotakubrandon

Postby stam4o » Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:27 am

I started to read Game of Thrones 2 days ago. Literary style is so noticeably old, not a surprise for Martin, but it still takes some time to jump entirely into the flow of the lecture.
I've read about 120 pages, and so far it's already being incredibly good!
stam4o
Minion

Favorite Idol: Akari,Sayumi,Maachan,Riho

Postby Celedam » Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:56 pm

Spent much of the day reading and managed to finish Locke & Key by Joe Hill and Gabriel Rodriguez. Gothic mystery/horror with an interesting fantasy twist involving the eponymous key(s).

It was very good, but I think it could have been better; the concluding part, "Omega & Alpha", felt rushed, like the creators wrapped things up a little too neatly and just wanted to move on. But at the same time, given what actually happens leading up to it, a rushed conclusion might have been inevitable. Once the mystery breaks, things happen in a hurry.

I'll need to think about it for a while. I'd like to reread it, but being a mystery, it might not bear rereading. One of the main characters even says, early on, "You can't understand, because you're reading the last chapter of something, without having read the first chapters." Those "first chapters" are revealed in the course of the story, so there would be much less impact the second time around.

I dunno, I might reread it simply to see if I notice more of the visual clues hidden along the way. And Rodriguez's style of illustration is perfectly suited to hiding visual clues.

It was also shot as a pilot for Fox, but it didn't get picked up. Too bad.

Spoiler: show
By the way, "Joe Hill" is the pen name of Joseph King, the son of Stephen King. Like father, like son.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:45 pm

^ I think I checked out a volume of that from our library once, quite a ways back, but I was never able to find more (an unfortunate problem with their comics/graphic novels section). If I remember correctly, it was the art on the cover that caught my attention initially. (I always thought it was interesting that Stephen King's wife and all but one of his children went into writing. The family business.)
----

This talk of reading makes me miss books more. I hope the issues with my glasses are able to be sorted out soon. :geek:
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby Moh » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:37 am

I finally received my order of Alpha Sapphire today. So I've been playing for a few hours.
Everything is really familiar so far, but Mauville City sure has changed. :lol:
Moh
Prophet

Favorite Idol: 鈴木愛理・段原瑠々・島倉りか・北原もも

Postby gustave154 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:21 pm

Finally finished playing most of Dragon Age Inquisition. It took forever but the game was great. Best Dragon Age so far.
now back to my idle activities xD
gustave154
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Oda Sakura

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project