Switch to full style
Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more
Post a reply

Re: Mike Chang, how I hate you

Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:40 pm

Zunu wrote:^^ Speaking of oldies...I kinda miss Rina Aiuchi.

She had a few snooze-tastic songs at the end of her run, but when she had a good song, it was really good.
AFAIK, she quit because of health issues. Now she produces pet items and goes by Rina Kakiuchi. :lol:

For what it's worth, it seems a lot of artists with GIZA have kinda fallen off the face of the Earth.
A lot of them disbanded, others moved to different labels, and some were dropped. Speaking of dropped, I miss Hayami Kishimoto.

Re: 6th Station ~Other Bands for H!P Fans~

Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:32 pm

For those of you in the San Francisco area, IDOL IS DEAD, a horror-comedy starring BiS, is playing at the Roxie Cinema's Little Roxie this Thursday at 7:00 pm.

http://www.roxie.com/ai1ec_event/nippon ... idol-dead/

Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:38 pm

AyuHikaru wrote:Real question. Is there anyone nowadays who compares to Ayumi Hamasaki in her prime? Who's the current Queen of Jpop? Has it just fallen to idols over the last few years?

Nishino Kana's getting there. Only one I'd say is comparable.

Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:35 am

I hate to admit it, be cause i don't like KPP so much, but she was the only solo non akb female arist to get a number one in 2013 if i am not mistaken.....she may be the queen of jpop currently
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ho ... 013_(Japan)

Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:06 am

Kyary's latest album sold very poorly for her standards. Out of the "newer" female solos I'd definitely say it's Kana Nishino.

Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:17 am

Nishino Kana's new single flopped and sold 16k. her albums sales are great.

1 271,021 Kanjani
2 135,109 Morning Musume. '14
3 120,918 Sandaime J Soul Brothers
4 85,055 Sekai no Owari
5 40,018 Nana Mizuki
6 36,805 GLAY
7 25,849 Nogizaka
8 21,980 FTISLAND
9 16,279 Nishino Kana
10 15,638 Ikimono Gakari

Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:43 am

makes me kinda depressed.....looking at the 100 of 2013 is all the 48 family and boybands

Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:43 pm

So Little Glee Monster's debut single MV got released... it's only viewable in Japan on YT though :crying: . Thankfully some kind soul uploaded it to JPS TV:
http://www.jpopsuki.tv/video/Little-Gle ... f7a9cce442

These girls are so fucking good...

Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:20 pm

So I was watching this live clip of Seiko Matsuda doing Akai Sweet Pea, and aside from wtf!so!young! I couldn't help noticing that the audience was doing that thing that wota do where they sing between verses. I always thought that was kind of a recent habit. How long has it been going on, I wonder? Like, for ever? :unsure:

Edit, yeah I know that this isn't Akai Sweet Pea, it was a different much shorter clip but it's clearer here.

Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:27 pm

Huh. So it seems the landscape of Jpop has shifted from Solo artists to big idol groups. I thought maybe it was because I wasn't paying as much attention, but all the names mentioned are names I know well so I was paying pretty good attention XD

A bit of a shame, Ayumi's peak was legendary - I guess the only equivalent really is AKB48. Namie Amuro is doing really well for herself though. I really miss the era of Jpop Diva's.
Post a reply