6th Station ~Other Bands for H!P Fans~

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: 6th Station ~Other Bands for H!P Fans~

Postby Starra » Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:18 pm

Nayoko-Kihara wrote:Starra: Is that one of their older songs? I'm not familiar with them outside of a few more recent songs.

I think another one was posted in here a while back. (Edit: It was.)

It was their debut single!
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:22 pm

Ahhh, that explains why I haven't heard it until now. :lol:

I think I tried to listen to some of the older stuff at one point, but something distracted me along the way and I never went back.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby Starra » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:10 am

I don't know a lot about them, but they're super cute and have some great songs.

Also:

I don't care what anyone says, I love them to death.
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby Jessi » Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:28 am

I went to the BabyMetal concert in NYC yesterday. SUPER AWESOME. Seeing a bunch of older metal dudes moshing to a song about chocolate... where else would you see that?
youtube.com/luciditi
Jessi

Favorite Idol: 佐藤 優樹

Postby AyuHikaru » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:23 am

I like BABYMETAL for that reason. When it comes to American music, most of the stuff I like is Rock Music, I've been a rock fan forever - therefore all my friends are mostly rock fans. For years having to explain "I don't care how old the girls are in Morning Musume, I like the music and want to support them" was just completely lost on them. THEN BABYMETAL SHOWED UP. Now THEY'RE saying it to people, "I don't care how old the girls are in BABYMETAL, I like the music and want to support them." I've had more than one person come up to me and go, "Yeah I get it now."
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

Postby esm » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:25 am

I don't get why it should even matter how old the artists are. Younger people can listen to artists that are decades older than they are, but when older people listen to artists that are younger somehow it's weird.
esm

Favorite Idol: Reina, Eripon, Nakky

Postby Zunu » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:30 am

I agree, but it works both ways too. I mean, I wasn't into metal before. It would be weird to suddenly be into it just because j-idols.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby esm » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:37 am

Actually I can't relate to people that are fans of specific genres because I usually like specific artists, and I don't always care for artists that sound similar (but aren't as good in my opinion) to the ones I like.

For example, I like H!P and AKB48 (mostly the singles), but I don't just like idol music in general, i.e., I don't just listen to any other idol music.

I like First Aid Kit, but I don't necessarily listen to folk bands in general. There are specific metal bands I like, but most of the rest sound sort of the same to me and I don't care for them.

If you look at my last.fm page you'll see my top artists are pretty different from each other.
esm

Favorite Idol: Reina, Eripon, Nakky

Postby AyuHikaru » Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:00 am

esm wrote:I don't get why it should even matter how old the artists are. Younger people can listen to artists that are decades older than they are, but when older people listen to artists that are younger somehow it's weird.

Yup even now I get "Morning Musume? Isn't one of the girls like 15?" from people who kind of know about Japanese culture in my FFXIV guild. I have no idea what age has to do with it. Is there some cut off point to enjoying music or something? As we get older, the artists debut age is going to get further and further away from us. Are we just not supposed to like their music because of it?

THe answer to most people is: Yup.
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

Postby Celedam » Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:07 am

Zunu wrote:I agree, but it works both ways too. I mean, I wasn't into metal before. It would be weird to suddenly be into it just because j-idols.

Why? As silly as sub-genre hairsplitting can be sometimes, BABYMETAL's "kawaii metal" truly does not sound the same as, say, '80s hairband metal or Norwegian black metal. Those idol pop hooks can make all the difference, both for the metal purists who don't like them and for the idol fans who do.

AyuHikaru wrote:I have no idea what age has to do with it. Is there some cut off point to enjoying music or something? As we get older, the artists debut age is going to get further and further away from us. Are we just not supposed to like their music because of it?

Unspoken accusations of pedophilia resulting from psychological projection and a poor understanding of what pedophilia actually is.

---

Anyhow…

Celedam
Devoted Devotee

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project