6th Station ~Other Bands for H!P Fans~

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: 6th Station ~Other Bands for H!P Fans~

Postby stam4o » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:44 am

Yep, and I want moooooooooooooooooooooore!

I like how they remarked that J-Pop and K-pop are very different and explained(only a bit) why. Love how The FineBros (normallly) do their researchs.
Though they named Babymetal's second single as "Line" instead of Iine xD
Last edited by stam4o on Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
stam4o
Minion

Favorite Idol: Akari,Sayumi,Maachan,Riho

Postby Celedam » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:09 am

stam4o wrote:Love how The FineBros do they researchs.

Most of those captions were lifted directly from Wikipedia. I know because I recently read those articles myself, after watching the Babymetal videos posted here.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby stam4o » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:42 am

Well, probably. Though I was talking about their work in general(will fix that for you), which is beyond that. If you get to see all of their videos you could tell that they do get a lot of their informaton through internet, which is not bad given the type of show they have and given the audience they have and it's still research. When possible though, they'd contact the person of interest for extra information, cameos, etc. - lots of bonus features. But it's not that easy, depends on the phenomenon they're working at. And for a low-cost, free show, it's not that they don't do it bad - their results are actually great.
Btw, soon they will probably get their show on TV (Nickelodeon if Im not mistaken).
stam4o
Minion

Postby Moh » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:56 pm

Big talker
One who talks bold and loud on the internet about their exquisite love for idols while not actually supporting said idols physically or financially

All this did was remind me that I haven't bought any JPop merch in almost six years. Not like I haven't considered it, but I don't have the luxury of buying 12 dollar singles/40 dollar albums.
And even if I did, who's to say that I'd still be interested in those groups/singers in a couple of years? :lol:
Moh
Prophet

Favorite Idol: 鈴木愛理・段原瑠々・島倉りか・北原もも

Postby Zunu » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:34 am

tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby Celedam » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:25 am

@stam4o: Reading Wikipedia articles and watching YouTube videos — or as you call it, "research" — are not what make TheFineBros successful. Like most other YouTube stars — heck, like most other celebrities, both online and off — their personalities, production skills, and old-fashioned networking are what make them successful. It's all about the presentation, and if you take that away, the actual content is not that special.

I myself linked to another video of theirs…

viewtopic.php?p=144858#p144858

I know more about Game of Thrones than they do; absolutely nothing in that video was new to me. In fact, I spotted a significant error in the first 20 seconds. But I still liked it because it was a good presentation.

stam4o wrote:(will fix that for you)

:hmmm:
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby stam4o » Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:17 am

Mmm, nothing new about it, it's even something obvious. But as you're right for this, it still doesn't take away the fact their research is good.
stam4o
Minion

Postby Zunu » Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:22 am

Article about how Japanese music sales are still trending down after a temporary lift. The author argues that idol music isn't really helping overall sales since its premise is to bleed dry a hardcore group of fans instead of growing the entire industry. At the same time the AKB juggernaut has lost momentum and has stopped gaining new converts to the idol genre. Mentions BABYMETAL as part of a new hopeful wave of more artistic performers.

Even though no mention is made of MM, I think arguably the current H!P lineup is the most talented ever, and is something more similar to bona fide performance artists alongside BABYMETAL and the Yasutaka Nakata stable than the OG method of maximally cute girls of no particular ability.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby randompasserby » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:07 am

I find it surprising that the writer set Momoclo apart from his discussion of the current idol bubble and named them among one of the groups by working with notable songwriters and producers outside the mainstream.

Is that true?
Because as far as I can see they're just as much in the idol bubble right alongside the *48 groups. The writer's arguments of defining AKB's success as not music but character-goods sales can also apply to them, no? They owe the better part of their success to their performance acts and their character marketing iirc.
風のひとりごと、夢のその続き。。。
その先の空へ まだ見ぬ未来へ 胸に愛を 抱いて。。。 歩いてる
randompasserby
Devotee

Favorite Idol: ♥さゆ 一筋 ♥

Postby stam4o » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:51 am

^I'm pretty sure Momoclo's songwriters and producers are very good. Not sure about the rest though.

Youtube just suggested me Yumemiro Adolescence. Their first 2 pvs are weak but the 3rd one is ok and their 1st major single is cool:

And their 1st single:

stam4o
Minion

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project