6th Station ~Other Bands for H!P Fans~

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: 6th Station ~Other Bands for H!P Fans~

Postby Moh » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:10 am

I like 4 Walls but the rest of the album falls flat for me. Except for that song that was supposed to be on Carly Rae Jepsen's album; that one is good. :fear:
Cash Me Out would've been good in 2009 when songs like Tik Tok were popular.
Moh
Prophet

Favorite Idol: 鈴木愛理・段原瑠々・島倉りか・北原もも

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:35 pm

Daisuki Daiiyo: I watched the series as it was airing, and I would have rather a couple of girls been swapped out for those that didn't make it. Though enough of the girls I did like made it for me to at least check up on them every now and again.

My favorites from start to finish of the show were Jiwon, Momo, Jihyo, Natty, Chaeyeon, and Jungyeon. Three out of six isn't too bad. :lol: Nayeon and Chaeyoung grew one me some as the show went on, but not as much. I didn't find any of the "rap" girls very appealing during the show.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby AyuHikaru » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:27 pm

Daisuki Daiiyo wrote:SM seems to finally be trying to do something right regarding f(x) recently. They're finally about to get a fandom name, and their own stand alone concert lol. I think all of the member discord they've had these past few years, has made SM realize that they can't keep trampling on their artists/fans and expect everything to be fine.

Oh my god, they're getting their own concert? Man, I never thought I would see the day. Maybe SM does appreciate them now ; ;. 4walls is good, the dance is AMAZING and I haven't listened to the whole album yet but I really like "When I'm Alone." "Rude Love" and "Diamond". The album is super quirky so far though - which I expect from f(x). Honestly, f(x) is one of the only groups in Kpop that have strong albums instead of just strong singles.
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

Postby TotallyUncool » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:36 pm

I've probably already posted this, but I was just listening to it, so here goes (again)...
If madness made us strong, we would all be invincible.
TotallyUncool
#Member

Location: Gaslighting myself, but then again, I would do that, wouldn't I?
Favorite Idol: Siao Fongfong '66

Postby Daisuki Daiiyo » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:46 pm

Moh wrote:I like 4 Walls but the rest of the album falls flat for me. Except for that song that was supposed to be on Carly Rae Jepsen's album; that one is good. :fear:
Cash Me Out would've been good in 2009 when songs like Tik Tok were popular.

I think the main appeal of 4 Walls (and the album) is the promise of bomb ass choreo :lol: I wasn't too keen on 4 Walls from the PV alone. Since the song is so chill, the PV with just the close ups was kind of dull. But oh man, that dance! If the rest of the album can deliver in this way, I'll love it lol. The songs lay down a decent enough foundation, that can be greatly enhanced by f(x)'s performance strength.

Nayoko-Kihara wrote:Daisuki Daiiyo: I watched the series as it was airing, and I would have rather a couple of girls been swapped out for those that didn't make it. Though enough of the girls I did like made it for me to at least check up on them every now and again.

My favorites from start to finish of the show were Jiwon, Momo, Jihyo, Natty, Chaeyeon, and Jungyeon. Three out of six isn't too bad. :lol: Nayeon and Chaeyoung grew one me some as the show went on, but not as much. I didn't find any of the "rap" girls very appealing during the show.

I'm wishing I had watched the show as it aired, since it's hard to find subbed episodes of decent quality now lol. And I liked Dahyun! She's not that good at rapping, but her silliness appeals to me lol. Sana has to be my favorite so far from the episodes lol. Somi too. I am certain that JYP will not let Somi go (she's gorgeous and a gem), so we will probably see her in that new girl group slated for 2017. Probably with Natty and one or both of the Chae sisters as well.
Daisuki Daiiyo
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Goto Maki

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:01 pm

Even watching it as it was released it was difficult to find decent subs and quality - though I probably made it harder for myself by being someone who never downloads anything. :lol:

The 'rap' girls in general seem like they could become interesting with more original material. I don't think they chose a lot of good cover parts for them during the show (at least when compared to the singing), which kind of hurt my interest a bit. I also didn't know another group was being prepped. Of all the girls that I wanted but didn't make it, I really hope Natty makes it into that one; I thought her voice was fun, and different from a lot of what I've gotten used to hearing in Kpop.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby otaku_blue » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:12 pm

I watched Sixteen as it aired. It was really frustrating and not really worth the emotional torment I went through watching it (when Momo left I was so upset).
There were some semi-reliable groups subbing so it wasn't hard for me to watch.

I think the final line-up was well justified. The show was really there to sort out the reliable/ready from the weak/unready. The best example for this was Minyoung.
They've been meaning to debut her for a long time. She's a great singer and performer but whenever she performed on the show her voice kept cracking in performances.

Girls like Natty were obviously too young and were never going to debut, but the show obviously gave them a chance to improve themselves.
otaku_blue
Devotee

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:30 pm

Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby AyuHikaru » Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:00 am

After hearing some comments here I decided to go back and watch the SIXTEEN thing. A lot of my favorites made it - Jihyo, SAANNAA, Mina, and Tzuyu - but my ultimate bias Somi didn't make it. Oh my God I loved Somi so much I have no idea how to deal ; ;. She's only like... what 14? though, so she still has time. Momo getting back in was justified, but a big freaking surprise! When Momo got eliminated it felt really wrong somehow. Still, a lot of my favorites did make the cut so I'll probably keep an eye out for them now.
Watching the PV, I think Sana is gonna be my favorite. She's such a goofball.
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

Postby Daisuki Daiiyo » Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:36 am

^ That's Sana's Osakan charm coming through :lol: She really is the best. She had me at her initial appeal segment lol. :love: :heart:

otaku_blue wrote:The show was really there to sort out the reliable/ready from the weak/unready. The best example for this was Minyoung.
They've been meaning to debut her for a long time. She's a great singer and performer but whenever she performed on the show her voice kept cracking in performances.

I agree about MinYoung. There's no doubt in my mind that she's talented, she just... idk, cracked under the pressure of the show maybe? She kept letting her insecurities trip up her performances. It was like aaaauuugh! You're gorgeous and talented, just believe in yourself! I am glad she didn't make it into the group though lol. I see her as more of a soloist/ballad queen that sings Adele type songs that make you sad, and have you reflecting on your life experiences lol. Her kind of stage presence isn't suited to dancing and being goofy, which is what JYP was going for with TWICE. She would've been overshadowed in the group.

Sad that she left JYP after the show ended, but hopefully whatever agency she ends up in, can prepare her well for debut. There aren't many companies as nice as JYP out there though lol.

@N-K: Regarding the new JYP group for 2017, I wanna say I read about it in the comments of a news post about Jiwon or MinYoung leaving JYP after their failed attempts on SIXTEEN lol. A lot of people were saying if only they had stuck around a little longer, to debut in the 2017 girl group. Nothing is set in stone of course, and KPop notoriously always pushes these things back, but knowing that JYP already wants another girl group in the future is good enough for me lol. I'm sure it'll happen, whether or not it happens in 2017 remains to be seen lol. It gives Somi plenty of time to prepare herself though! Natty too.
Daisuki Daiiyo
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Goto Maki

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project