6th Station ~Other Bands for H!P Fans~

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: 6th Station ~Other Bands for H!P Fans~

Postby otaku_blue » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:36 pm

IM SO UPSET RN ABOUT HELLO VENUS

Yoo Ara was their Yuuka omg.
otaku_blue
Devotee

Postby BerryzCelebration » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:28 am

This just got uploaded a few minutes ago. I like it. Considering the song is sad, I thought that the MV wouldn't be... so fun.
BerryzCelebration

Favorite Idol: Mikitty/Chinami

Postby Celedam » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:04 am

MTV has a good article about BABYMETAL — more than the usual "they came, they performed, they're cute" that most sites have done…

http://www.mtviggy.com/articles/babymetal-lady-gaga-tour-interview/

Also, a professionally-shot clip from the concert in London…

Much better than even the best fancams. Japan got a whole stream of that, but only bits of it have leaked online so far.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby stam4o » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:37 am

^
I want a new release soon. This inflation has been making things harder, but they could use it too to make another boom at the right time. Though their album is still being sold as donuts. Though on the other hand, since I became a fan (a bit after Headbanger's release), it's been 2 years already with only 2 releases :/, I agree that their production is incredibly good but that's perhaps too slow.
Well, meanwhile, I just found this: http://babymetal.net/band-that-sound-like-babymetal/, so I'll just take a good look on it.

otaku_blue wrote:Soundscan Half yearly ranking:
http://aramajapan.com/chart/soundscan-2 ... king/4413/

I'm shocked that E-girls is making more money than Morning Musume dammit.
If we do have a MM album released this year I hope we can get it up to 100k.

Wow, market is entirely dominated by male idols :0. And the highest ones are 48s-surprise-, so it will be still difficult for now for our girls to climb up there...

-----------
On another note, Of Monsters and Men are celebrating their 100 million hit on Little Talks by releasing all their album trough their oficial channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/OfMonstersAndMenVEVO

4 songs uploaded so far.
Their style is very cool and refreshing :D
stam4o
Minion

Favorite Idol: Akari,Sayumi,Maachan,Riho

Postby otaku_blue » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:25 pm

I love Red Velvet's debut stage

*edit links keep going down orz
Last edited by otaku_blue on Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
otaku_blue
Devotee

Postby JonCC » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:06 pm

^
Less than an hour after the release of their debut music video ‘Happiness‘, the new girl group from Korea’s SM entertainment Red Velvet began catching grief for featuring what is being described as “anti-Japanese imagery”.

The video contains a distinctive combination of live action and animation, making heavy use of digital collage. The anti-Japanese commotion stems from the old American WWII newspapers that are spread out in the background with headlines reading “Japs Hit by Atomic Bomb“, “Allies tells Japs Hiroito must obey our command” and “Bomb Blasts Hiroshima: States Secret Weapon“. Only for a second is the footage shown.

(...)

SM Entertainment has stated that they are working hard to fix the insensitive newspaper articles in the ‘Happiness’ music video. They claim the director used random pictures he found (that just happened to all be about the same topic).

http://aramajapan.com/featured/anti-jap ... ideo/4590/
JonCC
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Sayashi Riho

Postby Celedam » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:34 pm

stam4o wrote:I want a new release soon. This inflation has been making things harder, but they could use it too to make another boom at the right time. Though their album is still being sold as donuts. Though on the other hand, since I became a fan (a bit after Headbanger's release), it's been 2 years already with only 2 releases :/, I agree that their production is incredibly good but that's perhaps too slow.

I have a hunch that after this tour, they will release something new very soon with an updated image and stage act. The tour is just their last chance to exploit their existing material. With Yui and Moa turning 15, they're no longer the tiny tween girls they used to be, so the stage act is getting a little cheesy. It's particularly obvious when you look at their blog and "diary" pictures; hair down and out of costume, they all look the same age now.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby otaku_blue » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:39 pm

^^
I've read that already. Hate the MV, starting to like the song though.

I hate everything happening around them, but their debut performance was great and really made me like their song more.
I really like Irene and Seulgi, I love their cover of Be Natural and they're hella cute.

Despite that everything surrounding the girls makes me dislike SM, not the girls themselves its not their fault for the shitty stuff happening around them and to SM this year.
I'm sick of f(x) fans boycotting their stuff when f(x)'s problems aren't stemmed from Red Velvet at all.
otaku_blue
Devotee

Postby wotakubrandon » Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:36 am

Maybe SM can't afford to promote two artists at the same time. Or they don't want two four member girl groups promoting at the same time. SM is pretty sketchy, especially when it comes to f(x) so I'm not surprised to hear about them boycotting this new group.

I like the dance but the song reminds me of almost everything from 4minute's last promotion cycle.
wotakubrandon

Postby Moh » Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:59 am

This is the year of SM's downfall. :mikihead: SM's "apology" is pretty bogus. Maybe they won't ship them to debut in Japan for once, cause they pretty much screwed that up.
They also didn't do anyone any favors by including 9/11 images. Messy.

The song is awful, too. Waste of potential.
Moh
Prophet

Favorite Idol: 鈴木愛理・段原瑠々・島倉りか・北原もも

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project