6th Station ~Other Bands for H!P Fans~

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: 6th Station ~Other Bands for H!P Fans~

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:06 pm

It'll be fine with me if it gets pushed back or the time is swapped, because I'll probably forget about it in a week or so anyway. :lol: Unless it suddenly starts showing up on some of the sites I read and I'm unable to escape it. I do hope Somi and Natty don't up and decide to leave the way Jiwon did.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby AyuHikaru » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:45 pm

I HOPE JYP took notice about how much Natty and Somi squeaked into the Major team during the audience votes. That means something. Even if the audience didn't vote for them in the end individually (Though I saw Somi ranked in the top 7 a few times in that online poll) each time they were asked to perform for the audience they were always voted into Major or to stay in Major. I know he was probably thinking of them for elimination (It was clear he didn't want to eliminate Momo, but had to due to rules and he always said how the audience seemed to think much differently than him - and he seemed bummed it happened AGAIN when he eliminated Jiwon instead of one of them XD ) but they way they were able to win over the audience every time they were on stage if a pretty awesome thing. I hope he noticed that and has kept them around seeing that potential.

The two are young, but I think they really have a shot at the girl group he wants to make in 2017. Somi is just really great, though extremely new at everything. She reminded me of a Jpop idol a lot - the newness and rooting for her to get better (which she did as the show went on) and I found myself rooting for her the same way I'd root for an underdog Jpop idol. BUT, Kpop idols need to be polished when they debut so I understand she isn't quite ready though. She performs like someone way older than she is, I actually didn't know how old she was till the last episode XD I thought she was 17. I am really really really hoping to see her again. Her personality is top notch too XD She's as goofy as Sana. Natty won me over with her dances - I really liked everything she choreographed but she always seemed a little lost on dances she didn't make. I really like her too though, hoping she sticks around.

On the winners - I'm really glad Mina and Tzuyu both ended up showing their good sides at the end. Mina had a lot to prove being the in the company for only 10 months (And her voice is so unique within the group wow) and Tzuyu was basically non-existent till the last 2-3 episodes. Then she just was like "HERE I AM LOOK AT ME"

This also makes me realize how different Korea and Japan see idols. Mina and Momo don't look/act very Japanese idol like at all and Sana kind of does but she still looks very Korean idol and not Japan.
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

Postby otaku_blue » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:38 pm

In Twice now I feel like Somi's personality could've brought more to the group. But JYP's comment about her performance being still that of an amateur is very true.
just in the last round she was very sloppy with her expressions and her general performance. just watch her fancam, it was definitely not up to the same level of charisma she had through the rest of the show.

Audience votes don't really account for anything since people were biased towards songs that were more pop and audience friendly.

I'll never understand the hype behind Natty :unsure: She was so young, and her voice was so raw. She always stood out for her age among the girls rather than her actual ability in group performances. I'm still super uncomfortable with that "who's your mama" performance where she got the line "thin waist, big booty" like noooooo you're a child. So she can wait.
otaku_blue
Devotee

Postby TotallyUncool » Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:50 pm

Coming up on the 40th anniversary of the Fitzgerald's wreck. i've always considered this to be the last great shipwreck ballad composed in the English language...
If madness made us strong, we would all be invincible.
TotallyUncool
#Member

Location: Gaslighting myself, but then again, I would do that, wouldn't I?
Favorite Idol: Siao Fongfong '66

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:25 pm

Very little people know PSY other than Gangnam Style... but I actually looked him up other than that, and before that song came out he has some freaking amazing songs. Like, REALLY good songs. (Also he's a really nice and hearful guy, but his most recent songs don't show that, except for the most recent a bit.)
good songs which are not gangnam style:
(main one not spoilered, rest are.)

Spoiler: show

No Berryz, No Life.
Please people, I'm a "he" not a "she".
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Location: A giant crocodile-shaped island next to a huge apple
Favorite Idol: Cappy, Daaishi, Duu, Maho

Postby Zunu » Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:21 pm

AyuHikaru wrote:
Daisuki Daiiyo wrote:SM seems to finally be trying to do something right regarding f(x) recently. They're finally about to get a fandom name, and their own stand alone concert lol. I think all of the member discord they've had these past few years, has made SM realize that they can't keep trampling on their artists/fans and expect everything to be fine.

Oh my god, they're getting their own concert? Man, I never thought I would see the day. Maybe SM does appreciate them now ; ;. 4walls is good, the dance is AMAZING and I haven't listened to the whole album yet but I really like "When I'm Alone." "Rude Love" and "Diamond". The album is super quirky so far though - which I expect from f(x). Honestly, f(x) is one of the only groups in Kpop that have strong albums instead of just strong singles.

Not commenting on the album but that for some reason Amber is weirdly hot. Don't know if it's that old-school Ella Chen thing she's got or what. And I'd love to see MM steal pay homage to some of the formation dance moves they have going on with this song.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby AyuHikaru » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:07 pm

Amber is hot because she's just being herself and the company lets her be herself and she's confident in being herself and it's sexy ;o
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:34 pm

Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby boinsie » Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:37 pm

Dude seriously, Amber. :heart:
boinsie
Guru

Postby TotallyUncool » Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:51 pm

New Billie Idle!

WARNING: This PV contains graphic scenes of vegetable abuse.

If madness made us strong, we would all be invincible.
TotallyUncool
#Member

Location: Gaslighting myself, but then again, I would do that, wouldn't I?
Favorite Idol: Siao Fongfong '66

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project