6th Station ~Other Bands for H!P Fans~

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: 6th Station ~Other Bands for H!P Fans~

Postby erilaz » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:41 pm

^ Speaking of Dolly Parton, one of my co-workers played this at work the other day:

"Sometimes it seems as though the whole point of the Japanese writing system is to keep non-Japanese people from understanding what the hell is going on." — Dave Barry
erilaz
Lazarus

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:52 pm

That song has been covered so many times. I used to hear different versions of it all the time when I was growing up. :lol: I remember how excited I was when I found a clip of a trio of Japanese women covering it, but I haven't been able to hunt it down since.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby otaku_blue » Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:07 am

Last night's Music Station episode Halloween Special had Denpagumi inc and Shiritsu Ebichu.
I think this year MM's popularity is definitely under serious competition with how much media coverage they've gotten this year.
- 48's
- Momoiro Clover Z
- E-girls
- Nogizaka46
- Denpagumi Inc
- Shiritsu Ebichu

I doubt we'd get a kouhaku invite.
otaku_blue
Devotee

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:08 pm

Happy Halloween.

Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby Moh » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:19 pm

I'm working on my ~favorite albums of 2015~ list. Still have a lot of western albums to go through. :lol:

Also, I saw otaku_blue's name and thought he was posting that new Ariana video. Which I think is terrible, but not quite as terrible as the chorus for the song is.
Moh
Prophet

Favorite Idol: 鈴木愛理・段原瑠々・島倉りか・北原もも

Postby esm » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:54 am

^ Looking forward to the album list (no rush though lol). I want to keep up with new releases, but I keep listening to the same things over and over again. I have a Spotify playlist of "albums to check out".

My favorite albums from 2015 so far: Zella Day's Kicker, Avicii's Stories, Tove Styrke's Kiddo, Belle and Sebastian's Girls in Peacetime Want to Dance

Can't wait for Ellie Goulding's upcoming album.
esm

Favorite Idol: Reina, Eripon, Nakky

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:58 pm

Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby Daisuki Daiiyo » Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:30 pm

I haven't liked an f(x) release in a while, but I am really loving Four Walls. The precision of the choreography is my favorite. I've always felt that SM didn't know what to do with f(x), and so their style has always been all over the place, but this current album suits them, so I hope they keep evolving with this sound. It's super chill.

Also! I really love Twice. I don't think I've fallen for a girl group this quickly, since I first got into Momusu lol. They're all wonderful, and cute and funny, and the song and dance are catchy. I've even started retroactively watching the show where they were created, SIXTEEN lol. Though I loved some of the other candidates, I think JYP made the right choices with the final lineup. There are so many great characters rounding out the group, which makes it so that each member stands out in their own way. This is a strong girl group, and I can't wait to see how they progress. :heart: :heart: :love:
Last edited by Daisuki Daiiyo on Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daisuki Daiiyo
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Goto Maki

Postby AyuHikaru » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:54 pm

F(x) is probably my favorite Kpop group overall. There was an article about them awhile ago when Pink Tape made it on the Albums of the Year list (The only Kpop album to do so) that called them "Kpop Hipsters" which I think is accurate. The Western critics seem to love them (Pink Tape and Red Light were highly praised by them) but it really does seem SM has absolutely no idea how to handle their Hipster status :(. I'm always worried they are going to announce them disbanding or something. They don't even have a fandom name!

Weird not seeing Sulli, but she was my least favorite anyway.
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

Postby Daisuki Daiiyo » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:42 am

SM seems to finally be trying to do something right regarding f(x) recently. They're finally about to get a fandom name, and their own stand alone concert lol. I think all of the member discord they've had these past few years, has made SM realize that they can't keep trampling on their artists/fans and expect everything to be fine.
Daisuki Daiiyo
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Goto Maki

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project