6th Station ~Other Bands for H!P Fans~

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: 6th Station ~Other Bands for H!P Fans~

Postby Sohee » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:16 am

otaku_blue wrote:Jpop right now is usually associated with AKB48 and their typical love songs and whatnot

Not at all. Jpop is everything from female and male idols to Fukuyama Masaharu and aiko, AAA and EXILE. Jpop is a /huge/ genre, basically saying "All music in Japan except for Enka and folk." AKB might be huge but they are hardly the base of what Jpop is.

Having that said, I have no opinion on the thing you're talking about as I don't care enough to watch it. So maybe it's not - but it's much, much likely that it is. Within Jpop there are genres though, so.
Sohee
Hierophant

Favorite Idol: Kamei Eri

Postby stam4o » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:20 am

^That's for the people that research, because that's how it actually is. There's plenty of people though that look down on Jpop, because y'now, it's "that Jpop", it's like they associate it with cheap and 'not-original' music, from one side it's due to the success of groups like AKB (what otaku_blue was ptrobably meaning) and the globalization of their music and also the influence of Kpop that has got trough the occident in the late years, which has nothing to do with how Jpop's structure is but it's easily associated as the same.
stam4o
Minion

Favorite Idol: Akari,Sayumi,Maachan,Riho

Postby otaku_blue » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:28 am

I really like f(x) 's red light it has a bit of trap influence
otaku_blue
Devotee

Postby wotakubrandon » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:07 pm

Ugh. They look good though.
wotakubrandon

Postby otaku_blue » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:47 pm

I reckon Krystal looks like Taylor Mommsen but yeah the visuals are gr8
otaku_blue
Devotee

Postby Moh » Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:28 pm

It suffers from IGAB syndrome: jarring. :lol: It's too bad SM doesn't release the vocal tracks for their songs, I bet remixes of it would be so much better.
Moh
Prophet

Favorite Idol: 鈴木愛理・段原瑠々・島倉りか・北原もも

Postby Sohee » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:40 pm

stam4o wrote:^That's for the people that research, because that's how it actually is. There's plenty of people though that look down on Jpop, because y'now, it's "that Jpop", it's like they associate it with cheap and 'not-original' music, from one side it's due to the success of groups like AKB (what otaku_blue was ptrobably meaning) and the globalization of their music and also the influence of Kpop that has got trough the occident in the late years, which has nothing to do with how Jpop's structure is but it's easily associated as the same.

..."research" the genre? I wouldn't say so. If anything it entirely depends on how you get in touch with it in the first place. A random week of Music Station will show you one Johnnys group, probably AKB, but also at least 3 or maybe even 4 other Jpop artists. The artists I mentioned are really easy to come across, they're big sellers and big names in Japan as well as internationally, you don't need to research to come across them at all.

If anyone is looking down on Jpop "because it's all like AKB" I'd just ask them to think twice or whatever, grow up. Anyone thinking ONE artist represents all music from the whole fucking country needs a reality check.
Sohee
Hierophant

Favorite Idol: Kamei Eri

Postby wotakubrandon » Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:06 pm

Moh wrote:It suffers from IGAB syndrome: jarring. :lol: It's too bad SM doesn't release the vocal tracks for their songs, I bet remixes of it would be so much better.
Yeah I'm sick of SM and their frankensongs.
wotakubrandon

Postby stam4o » Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:36 am

^^ It's not that kind of "research". I already know by myself how hard is to get to know some stuff, it requires months of continuous interest. It was more like about how people like to build their visions of some things without even showing the slightest interest about those things, and that mixed up with globalization leads to a general mess-up. :fear:
stam4o
Minion

Favorite Idol: Akari,Sayumi,Maachan,Riho

Postby otaku_blue » Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:42 am

yeah red light does kinda remind me of IGAB, in terms of being hard to get used to on first listen but after a while you really start to dig it and it's amazing probably in live performances.

their comeback performances so far have been good

im literally just spazzing over how good they look. sulli has come such a long way.
otaku_blue
Devotee

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project