6th Station ~Other Bands for H!P Fans~

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: 6th Station ~Other Bands for H!P Fans~

Postby Amped » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:13 am

Japan Record Awards 12-30-14

Japan Records Top Prize "Song of the Year" goes to Sandaime J SOUL BROTHERS EXILE (AKB48 got beaten by EXILE for 2nd straight year) (Morning Musume. '14 beat Sandaime J SOUL BROTHERS on Oricon Weekly with TIKI BUN)
http://www.tbs.co.jp/recordaward/

New Artist of the Year award - Nishiuchi Mariya (warning she cries during singing)

on this day last year, Juice=Juice came in 2nd to the New Artist of the year award.
Amped
High Priest

Postby BerryzCelebration » Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:45 am

How can one simply sing like a goddess while in tears?
BerryzCelebration

Favorite Idol: Mikitty/Chinami

Postby Zunu » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:32 pm

Not a goddess, an angel. It's Angerme, literally.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby erilaz » Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:00 pm

TotallyUncool wrote:Just because I'm in a Wink sort of mood...

A Wink compilation (Wink Memories 1988-1996) showed up at work yesterday, so Disc 1 was my musical pick today.
"Sometimes it seems as though the whole point of the Japanese writing system is to keep non-Japanese people from understanding what the hell is going on." — Dave Barry
erilaz
Lazarus

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

Postby TotallyUncool » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:51 pm

I've been using the USB input on my car's stereo to play mp3s on a few 8GB flash drives that I'd loaded up with Asian pop music. But 8GB just isn't enough to hold everything, and since Best Buy was having a sale on 32GB flash drives, I bought one. I've only filled it a little more than half way, and I already have 2,000+ songs on it, including most of Wink's albums. On my way back form work tonight, I was getting a mixture of Wink, Show-Ya, Cherry Filter, ZONE, and Lan Shinmei. :blink:
If madness made us strong, we would all be invincible.
TotallyUncool
#Member

Location: Gaslighting myself, but then again, I would do that, wouldn't I?
Favorite Idol: Siao Fongfong '66

Postby erilaz » Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:47 am

Here's some news that may be of interest to Starra and others in that part of the world: Shonen Knife will be touring Australia and New Zealand in January 2015! It's not idol pop, but still….

Schedule here: http://www.shonenknife.net/live.html
"Sometimes it seems as though the whole point of the Japanese writing system is to keep non-Japanese people from understanding what the hell is going on." — Dave Barry
erilaz
Lazarus

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

Postby Moh » Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:01 pm

2014 has come to a close, so it's time for my list of favorite albums from the year. Formatting is slightly different than 2013's post!
This is not really a recommendation post, but if anyone finds something they like out of here, then that's super cool! :')

Non-Western
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image
15& - Sugar | Ai Otsuka - LOVE FANTASTIC | Ailee - Magazine | Akdong Musician - PLAY | BABYMETAL - BABYMETAL

Crush - Crush On You | Elva Hsiao - Shut Up and Kiss Me | Epik High - Shoebox | Erika Umeda - erika | FAR EAST MENTION MANNEQUINS - Femm-Isation

HA:TFELT - Me? | Inshowha - (not) NUCLEAR LOVE (or affection) | Jolin Tsai - PLAY | KARA - Day & Night | Morning Musume. '14 - 14 Shou ~The message~

Roy Kim - HOME | SAWA - Ringa Ringa | Secret - Secret Summer | Song Ji Eun - 25 | Sun Mi - Full Moon

TANAKA ALICE - TOKYO GIRL II

Notes (tl;dr): I LOVE 15&. They're wonderful singers, their album is great, and Jimin is a riot. People need to stop sleepin' on those girls.
AKMU are precious and it's honestly hard to not smile when they perform. I'm glad YG is letting them do their own thing, because they're so refreshing compared to most KPop acts.
I've got a crush on Crush (HAHAHA). He could sing anything, I'll listen to it.
Epik High's comeback was worth the wait. AMOR FATI is a wonderful track.
HA:TFELT's name will never not bug me, but that mini was pretty much perfect so I can get past it.
Jolin's album is really good and all the videos so far have been fantastic. She's great.
MM. '14 was so good! I'm hyped for what this year is gonna bring. :happy:

Honorable song mention: LADIES' CODE - KISS KISS. RIP EunB and RiSe.

Western
Spoiler: show
American Authors - Oh, What a Life | Ariana Grande - My Everything | Beck - Morning Phase | Broken Bells - After the Disco | Christina Perri - Head or Heart

Ella Henderson - Chapter One | Jetta - Start a Riot EP | Lindsey Sterling - Shatter Me | Nicki Minaj - The Pinkprint | Pentatonix - PTX, Volume III

Phantogram - Voices | Phillip Phillips - Behind the Light | Sam Smith - In the Lonely Hour | St. Vincent - St. Vincent | Taylor Swift - 1989

The Black Keys - Turn Blue | The Fray - Helios | The Script - No Sound Without Silence | Tinashe - Aquarius | Todd Terje - It's Album Time

Image Image Image
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - Hypnotic Eye | Walk the Moon - Talking is Hard | Wild Cub - Youth

A few notes: I saw American Authors and Wild Cub at the same show and both were totally awesome. Lots of energy in that room that night, lol.
I need a full album from Jetta as soon as possible.
I've grown to like Nicki Minaj a lot over the year. Really liked her album.
Sam Smith is everywhere, but hey! The guy can sing, so it's not like the exposure is unwarranted.
Speaking of everywhere, I never thought I'd put a T. Swift album on a "favorite" list, but there it is! And I'm gonna buy that album because it's actually really good and she kinda won 2014 with that Blank Space video.
The Script's album has a lot of ballads on it. That's okay with me, they're good at that kinda stuff.
Todd Terje's album is wild. It's like swing, disco, and synthpop all got together and somehow had a baby. A really awesome baby.
Yes, I know Tom Petty is considered "dad rock". Maybe even "granddad rock" at a certain point. But that album kicks ass and I think it's pretty cool that it's their first #1 ever.

The number of western albums just barely beats out non-western. Here's hoping 2015 has good albums!
Moh
Prophet

Favorite Idol: 鈴木愛理・段原瑠々・島倉りか・北原もも

Postby Amped » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:05 pm

a live DJ at Walt Disney World in Florida used Perfume's Polyrhythm in his DJ set on New Years Eve
Amped
High Priest

Postby Celedam » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:46 pm

Celedam wrote:A much better fan cam — both audio and video — of BABYMETAL's new song…

And that should be it for now, until next year.

It's next year.

From the official channel: "The One" becomes "Road of Resistance"…

Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Amped » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:47 am

that scary so-called underground idol group "Kamen Joshi" with the chainsaws, guns, giant scissors, and masks got Weekly #1 on Oricon with 132k copies sold. This is their first ever appearance on the Oricon charts. The first time a female indies group / underground idol group has achieved #1. Each copy of their single cost 500 yen with 12 different versions (versions A~L) with bonuses.
http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2046807/full/

A very scary way to start the new year. :unsure: :/ :doh: 132k!?? What!?
Amped
High Priest

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project