H!P Kenshuusei Thread

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: Hello! Project Kenshuusei Thread - 8 New Members!

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Tue May 05, 2015 3:24 pm

Awww. I love seeing the outfits the girls put together for themselves (last recital Yoshihashi Kurumi had one of my favorites), and this year hasn't disappointed. Hikaru's stood out at first glance since it looks like something Buono! would have worn for a concert number. I'm also drawn to that picture of Saori for the simple fact that she resembles Okai Asuna slightly in it (the memories), though I do like that style of dress. My other favorite outfits are easily Ruru (looks like an actual concert costume), Nagisa (the high shorts look good on her), Kaede (my '90s nostalgia), and Kokoro (she looks like she walked out of "Candy Candy", I love it). Bonus points to Akiyama Mao for looking the most like a kid trying to play grown-up.

I can't listen to the recording, so I hope we get footage in "Station" this week. The reviews from everyone sound so promising. :lol:
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby Starra » Tue May 05, 2015 8:24 pm

Links to the individual performances on YouTube:

Comments:
Horie Kizuki: HOLY SHIT this was good. I love Shabondama and it's, uh, not the easiest to sing but she did a really great job.
Onoda Saori: A bit too shouty but given how young she is she's really good.
Yanagawa Nanami: Her voice works pretty well with the song, she sounds similar to Karin kinda.
Yokogawa Yumei: Sounds like a super rough Risako in a way. Maybe with some polishing she could be good. Maybe.
Kaga Kaede: I LOVE HER VOICE SO MUCH…. She's so good….. I really hope she debuts soon, she deserves it.
Takase Kurumi: I really like her voice! She could work well with Kaede in a unit. With Ruru and Musubu too maybe?
Takemura Miu: She was a bit shaky, but she has a different voice than I expeceted :lol: . I like it, I think.
Kanatsu Mizuki: Couldn't get a good idea of her voice with everything going on in the song, but I don't think her voice suits Kimi Sae. She's just too young, though.
Ono Mizuho: She has a very H!P-ish voice, lol. I could easily see her debuting in the future.
Funaki Musubu: My tiny chipmunk… Great as always. I think Tsunku may be waiting until she's a bit older before he decides what to do with her, but I hope she debuts.

Overall these girls are pretty damn good considering how young a lot of them are. I'm really impressed.
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby forgetmenots » Tue May 05, 2015 9:07 pm

I feel like the KSS's overall level is getting higher @_@ I remember listening to last years and thinking to myself "Ah yes they could do with a bit more training"

I have become very attached to Kaede. I think now that all my old KSS favourites have been debuted/put in groups I'll be watching her. Funaki as well is starting to catch my eye (her expressions crack me up).
forgetmenots
Queen of All Banners

Favorite Idol: Maachan, Nonaka, Oda

Postby iceymoon » Wed May 06, 2015 3:31 am

yay, YouTube links! thanks for posting those Starra. :heart:
i wasn't intending to do my own reviews, but that's what ended up happening as i was listening. xD

Spoiler: show
1 Inoue Hikaru (Nakimushi Shounen) - definitely way better than i thought she'd be. unfortunately doesn't make me like her any more than i did before. ^^; but it's good to know she does have something to contribute!

2 Okamoto Honoka (Be Genki) - not good, but she can't have had more than a few weeks to prepare for this (with no prior training), so i don't hold it against her.

3 Kasahara Momona (Haru Beautiful Everyday) - struggles with low notes, but it sounds like she has potential on the mid-to-high notes. not bad considering she just joined!

4 Danbara Ruru (GOOD BYE Natsuo) - great <3 i thought i might be disappointied based on some earlier comments, but i was not.

5 Horie Kizuki (Shabondama) - she got the style down! and good voice. i'll keep an eye on her more from now on. :)

6 Onoda Saori (GOOD BYE Natsuo) - it's tough to follow Ruru with the same song, but she did well. i like that her voice is lower than you would think by her looks. i'm pleased ^^ when she and Kiki were added to KSS, i picked her out as a girl i was interested in following and that's turning out well so far. <3

7 Yanagawa Nanami (Romance no Tochuu) - i love her voice on the low notes. <3 she gets pitchy when she goes higher, but she just joined so i'm sure she'll learn. and omg she DOES sound like Karin (mixed with Takechan).

8 Shimano Momoko (Sukichan) - surprisingly high voice. i was expecting better technique though, considering she got training in NGP.

9 Hashimoto Nagisa (FOREVER LOVE) - same as above, really.. not bad, but i would have expected more. this is on the same level as some of the girls that joined just a couple weeks ago.

10 Yokogawa Yumei (Motto Zutto Issho ni Itakatta) - D: if i remember last year correctly, she *has* improved.. but it's still not even close to good. i guess she was just that bad before.

11 Kaga Kaede (Love take it all) - maybe too ambitious, since i'm sure she has more stability than we could hear here.. and the dance is intense, so that can't have helped. but she had good moments, in particular some of the high/power notes.

12 Nakano Rion (Yuugure Koi no Jikan) - not good. :< did she forget some lyrics toward the beginning? but anyway, she just joined so it's way too early to predict her future based on this performance.

13 Takase Kurumi (Senobi) - she lost it from time to time, but when she was on it was seriously impressive! there's something interesting about her voice too. another one to keep an eye on. :3

14 Takemura Miu (Dream Last Train) - not bad on the low notes, but she goes all over the place for other notes. i feel bad that i'm kind of relieved because i never liked her much.. so i have more of a reason for that now lol.

15 Ichioka Reina (Nakimushi Shounen) - even as she hits notes, she sounds like someone who is just learning to sing. i can't explain why that is, maybe the quality or power of her voice? but anyway, she did good yet i didn't feel impressed.

16 Akiyama Mao (The Power) - this song struck me as an odd choice. she pulled it off i guess, though she needs work of course. wasn't expecting her to wow since she's new.

17 Kanatsu Mizuki (Kimi Sae) - probably not a good song choice, it seems tiring to sing. or maybe she just needs a *lot* of work on vocal stamina. which again, i wouldn't blame her for since she's had very little time to prepare and no training.

18 Ono Mizuho (Daisuki 100Manten) - i like that she has a clear voice/style of singing. still lacking in some areas, but it sounds like she'll be really good with training.

19 Funaki Musubu (21ji Made no Cinderella) - my bby. this is not one of my favorite songs, but she can do no wrong in my eyes. dat opening note. <3 man, as i was listening i could just imagine her alongside veteran H!P girls easily. UF DON'T LET THIS GIRL SLIP THROUGH YOUR FINGERS.

20 Maeda Kokoro (Suki na Senpai) - oh, pretty decent. she probably won't ever be an Airi, Risako or Ruru, but she has potential to be a stable singer that will make a good addition to a HelloPro group one day.
iceymoon

Postby bisuketto » Thu May 07, 2015 9:18 am

Yumei didn't impress me at all. She's been a KSS for 2 years and even the new girls are better singers than her. Ruru blew me away though! Now I understand why she has so many fans. I'd love to see a group with Kaede, Ruru, Musubu and Nanami in it.
bisuketto
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Chinami,KanaTomo,Koha,Duu

Postby BerryzCelebration » Thu May 07, 2015 10:09 am

Listening to her peformance, I love Miu's voice. It's not really stable yet, but there's potential behind it. Same for Takase.

I'm not going to be too harsh on Yumei tbh. Singing isn't easy, and there are girls who we've seen that don't improve after being active for more than two years. I'm sure there's something else hidden inside of her, besides her pretty face. I remember hearing that she's a good dancer idk
BerryzCelebration

Favorite Idol: Mikitty/Chinami

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Thu May 07, 2015 12:36 pm

^ I don't know how good she actually is, but Yumei was already taking dance lessons prior to becoming a Kenshuusei (I believe at the Osaka EXILE/EXPG dance school) and admires E-Girls (so I would imagine that might make her want to put focus into dancing).
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby Denki » Thu May 07, 2015 1:41 pm

UP FRONT LINKS posted a summary of the recent test event.
https://m.facebook.com/notes/up-front-l ... 6769541915

After around 3 hours, the event ended with the image that Hello! Project will surprise again in the future with those Kenshusei members like Kaede who have such a potential. 2 new units Kobushi Factory and Tsubaki Factory have just began their activities but it will definitely not be the end.

KAEDY UNIT. MAKE IT HAPPEN.
Denki

Favorite Idol: えりぽん

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Thu May 07, 2015 2:07 pm

I've started hoping that Hashimoto Nagisa will be given a chance to be in the possible-Miyabi-UFgroup, if it plays out the way some people are hoping it will. She'll be out of the general audition age range for H!P in just two months, and there have only ever been a small handful of trainees that were 18+.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby Solarblade » Thu May 07, 2015 2:38 pm

Did they ever say what Kaedii won? I thought they told winners of last year of a solo for Nana Tamago
Solarblade
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Aarii/Zukki

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project