H!P/etc Ranking Thread

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: H!P/etc Ranking Thread

Postby Starra » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:19 pm

Whoops, this is why I shouldn't rank things in the middle of the night when I'm half asleep.

I guess I really don't care about ANGERME, huh?
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:37 pm

I love the way you just say your mind. "I will never be able to give a shit about C-ute" LOL
No Berryz, No Life.
Please people, I'm a "he" not a "she".
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Location: A giant crocodile-shaped island next to a huge apple
Favorite Idol: Cappy, Daaishi, Duu, Maho

Postby Starra » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:34 pm

Look, I've been trying for 10 years to find some way to care about them, but it's clearly not happening :lol: . I love Maimai so fucking much but ℃-ute just... bore me. They have several good songs and I get that they're good performers, but I just don't enjoy them. I've tried to. A lot. I try to like every H!P group. ℃-ute's just one of those groups I massively do not care about at all.

Tsubaki are different since they're new and still have time to grow. ℃-ute have been around for so long that I really don't think my opinion on them will change at this point, sadly.

Also honestly? People need to speak their minds more. It's not like you have to be nasty or personal about things. People nowadays are scared of even giving negative opinions, which is bullshit. Say what you think about things. If you don't like something, you don't like it. So long as it's not out of place (I'm bad at this) I really don't see the problem with saying what you think about something. And people who get upset over someone not liking something they like need to grow the fuck up because really? That's fucking pathetic. People have different tastes. I don't care if people dislike my oshis or my favourite anime series, for example. People need to stop seeing it as a bad thing and take it in their strides. If I see someone talking shit about something I love, my reaction is simply "your fucking loss, more for me". Yeah, it sucks, but it's not worth stressing about like some people seem to think it is.

Spoiler: show
I'm not saying people should go around and be all "I HATE THIS THING YOU LOVE" all the time, but if it's a relevant conversation or if the opportunity arises for you to state your opinion on something and that opinion happens to be negative, fucking go for it. You don't have to like everything. You don't even have to like every aspect about a single thing.

It's also apparently hard for people to figure out that you can still like a person and be friends with them even if you have different tastes and disagree on things. I'm friends with several people on Twitter whom I have many different interests to and we don't always see eye-to-eye on things. But I still consider them my friends because I like them as people and we get along with each other (er, I have no idea if they feel the same way but uh I think they do). It's the same with people here -- I often disagree with what people post. If I have enough to say, I reply to them (sometimes I go a bit overboard, but I'm really fucking bad at stopping myself).

I mean, I probably have too many opinions myself. But I absolutely hate how sensitive people have gotten (and I don't even mean this about touchy issues to begin with). Opinions should be shared and discussed and debated. Sometimes your opinion is going to be wrong and will be shot down by everyone, and that's okay. Sometimes you'll get into arguments over your views. That's okay too. Nobody seems to be willing to stand up/fight for what they believe in even on a basic level anymore and it's sad. If all we have are sugar-coated, *~*positive*~* opinions around us, then that's boring and isn't doing anyone any good.

I like having discussions with people about things and it's even better if I disagree with someone because I find different viewpoints interesting. I don't see it as a bad thing at all.

Then again, I'm also aware that my way of thinking is different than "normal", and maybe that's part of it too.

TL;DR: People need to speak the fuck up when they disagree with something. Also, just because I disagree with you and argue with you doesn't mean I dislike you. I mean, I probably will, but it's not because of your opinions. It's because you're a person and I tend not to like people (including myself).

(This is why I don't post on JPlop anymore, I end up ranting too much about things that nobody cares about. Oops.)
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:12 am

that's why I said "I love the way you...."
:)
No Berryz, No Life.
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Postby Zunu » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:09 am

Starra no worries. This is a ranking thread so pretty much by definition somebody's going to get the shit end. Rankings that are basically "I'm giving everyone a 10 I love them all" are pointless. So, downrank away. And if you have reasons, so much the better, it makes for lively discussions. In terms of the forum as a whole though, I do think though if someone's going to post a lot of negativity all the time, to the effect that they often spoil a positive vibe, they should at least give the courtesy of defending their opinions without crying that they're not "allowed" to express themselves. That's only fair. As I'm constantly saying, this is a fan site, not a I hate these groups and I want to whin(g)e about it and make everybody else suffer too site, so it's only reasonable to expect the bulk of the energy to be positive.

About C-ute specifically, even though I love them to death, I totally get why someone else wouldn't. There's something a little too safe and generic about them. They're professional, they don't have scandals, they never really seem to struggle and hence they never have to overcome. They're all marvelously fit and I'm sure they work hard at that, but where's the rough edges for the fans to relate to? What's their inner life? Not really sure. And they're a bit past their sell-by date -- if any of them had been in ANY OTHER GROUP they would be graduated already and we'd have fresh newbies to root for. Plus on the whole they have never gotten as good songs as Berryz did, imo. These are just a few flaws (or lack of flaws) that I can think of off hand, I'm sure you have your own personal reasons.

EDIT: Coincidentally this just showed up in my YouTube feed:

Spoiler: show

and I had an epiphany. She's basically the C-ute of actresses. Beautiful, flawless, but up til now not enough there there to break out of the shadows.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby resop2 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:07 pm

For me, C-ute kind of peaked with the akama musical.
resop2
Skeptic

Postby Shoujo Q » Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:03 pm

Ranks in order of groups and then members. Oho~ This should be interesting.

Favorite//Love, but not solid in their placing//Like but Work in Progress// Meh, No way they are going to move.

Morning Musume'16 (Despite their ups and downs, they will always be #1. Even if other groups release better things, they will remain as they always have, at the top.)

Oda Sakura
Suzuki Kanon

Kudo Haruka
Sato Masaki
Fukumura Mizuki
Ishida Ayumi
Ogata Haruna
Nonaka Miki
Iikubo Haruna

Makino Maria
Haga Akane

Ikuta Erina

Country Girls (They are my diabetic shock to the heart. If it wasn't for my undying new fan love for Yamaki Risa, Kobushi Factory would have been up here.)

Yamaki Risa
Inaba Manaka
Funaki Musubu
Ozeki Mai
Tsugunaga Momoko

Yanagawa Nanami
Morito Chisaki

Kobushi Factory ( A solid group with a bunch of solid members. I've nothing to complain about with this group yet, not single member.)

Taguchi Natsumi
Fujii Rio
Inoue Rei
Hirose Ayaka
Hamaura Ayano
Nomura Minami
Ogawa Rena
Wada Sakurako

I love the whole group equally still so there's no real rank here yet.

ANGERME (This only just manage to squeak by C-ute on this one. I just find that I like their music better. C-ute are by far the better performers. Though once Meimi leaves they will probably drop below C-ute once more. Fukuda Kanon and Tamura Meimi were the glue that held my heart together. Now it will be broken. *sad face*)

Tamura Meimi
Nakanishi Kana
Takeuchi Akari
Sasaki Rikako
Aikawa Maho
Murota Mizuki
Wada Ayaka

Kamikokuryo Moe
Katsuta Rina

C-ute ( I love them to bits, and as performers they were always better then every on this list, but their music has always and will forever be hit or miss.)

Suzuki Airi
Yajima Maimi
Okai Chisato
Nakajima Saki

Hagiwara Mai

First time since their debut has Chisato fallen below 2nd. I just find Maimi to be that powerful in her idol aura or whatever you believe in when it comes to the charms of idols. She charmed her way to 2nd place. xD Sorry Chisato! :hehe:

Juice=Juice (Another group that suffers from the C-ute gene. Great performers but their music is very hit or miss.)

Takagi Sayuki
Miyamoto Karin

Kanazawa Tomoko
Miyazaki Yuka
Uemura Akari

Tsubaki Factory(Meh.I try, but I can't be bothered.)

Kishimoto Yumeno
Tanimoto Ami
Asakura Kiki
Niinuma Kisora
Ogata Risa
Yamagishi Riko

Major Works in Progress! But actually, if I were to be honest, Yumeno would probably stay in the solid lead. If I had to force myself to be honest and pick someone.

Overall by top 5 girls in all of Hello!Project.
Suzuki Airi
Oda Sakura
Tamura Meimi
Suzuki Kanon
Yamaki Risa

After Meimi and Zukki leave, I don't know who will fill their spot, but Yamaki Risa gets to live in the #3 spot till I do figure it out. xD
Shoujo Q
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Suu-san

Postby erin » Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:05 pm

Groups:
Morning Musume ‘16
C-ute
Juice=Juice
Kobushi Factory
Country Girls
Tsubaki Factory
ANGERME (not really a fan... I only care about Rikako & Akari)

Morning Musume ‘16:
Kanon Suzuki
Sakura Oda
Maria Makino
Mizuki Fukumura
Haruka Kudo
Miki Nonaka
Haruna Ogata
Erina Ikuta
Masaki Sato
Akane Haga
Ayumi Ishida
Haruna Iikubo

C-ute:
Chisato Okai
Airi Suzuki
Maimi Yajima
Saki Nakajima
Mai Hagiwara

It was kinda hard to rank Saki & Mai, since I really don’t care for either of them.

Juice=Juice:
Akari Uemura
Yuka Miyazaki
Tomoko Kanazawa
Sayuki Takagi
Karin Miyamoto

Kobushi Factory:
Natsumi Taguchi
Ayano Hamaura
Minami Nomura
Rei Inoue
Ayaka Hirose
Sakurako Wada
Rio Fujii
Rena Ogawa

Country Girls:
Mai Ozeki
Risa Yamaki
Chisaki Morito
Manaka Inaba
Musubu Funaki
Momoko Tsugunaga
Nanami Yanagawa

Tsubaki Factory:
Kisora Niinuma
Risa Ogata
Riko Yamagishi
Ami Tanimoto
Yumeno Kishimoto
Kiki Asakura

ANGERME:
Rikako Sasaki
Akari Takeuchi
Mizuki Murota
Maho Aikawa
Rina Katsuta
Kana Nakanishi
Meimi Tamura
Ayaka Wada
Moe Kamikokuryou

Kinda hard to rank ANGERME since, like I said, I only care about Rikako & Akari. Though, I really, really don't like Ayaka and Moe. :fear:

Top 5 current H!P members:
Aika Mitsui
Kanon Suzuki
Chisato Okai
Rikako Sasaki
Natsumi Taguchi
Last edited by erin on Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
| tumblr |
erin
Acolyte

Postby Supadackles » Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:11 am

Absolutely love // Really like // Like // Meh // Nah

Groups
Kobushi Factory - I can't believe how quickly I fell in love with them, they were just the right replacement for the hole Berryz left
ANGERME - I only ever liked S/mileage, but something about the new ANGERME has just hit me hard
Country Girls - Fun songs, cute group, I'm not suuuper crazy about them but there's something there
Juice=Juice - Great performers while still retaining the fun factor, great songs, likeable girls
Tsubaki Factory - Not huge on them, but we've not seen much at all. Could see me liking them
Morning Musume.'16 - These would have been 2nd on my list pre-Kobushi/ANGERME/Berryz hiatus. I guess I didn't realise how much I relied on Riho to like the group. It also doesn't help that some of my least favourite members are now at the front
C-ute - Meh, I like a lot of their songs but I don't feel the hype. I usually skip their performances

C-ute
Okai Chisato
Suzuki Airi
Nakajima Saki
Yajima Maimi - Plain
Hagiwara Mai - Her voice completely ruins her for me, I can't get on with her

Morning Musume.'16
Ishida Ayumi
Oda Sakura
Fukumura Mizuki
Nonaka Miki
Makino Maria
Ikuta Erina - It's probably just her gymnastic abilities that pull her up to be honest
Iikubo Haruna
Ogata Haruna
Haga Akane
Suzuki Kanon
Kudo Haruka - For some reason, her image annoys me. Maybe it's the overly serious face she insists on making
Sato Masaki - Nope. Everything grates on me.

ANGERME
Takeuchi Akari - Never actually realised how much I like this one, but I really do
Nakanishi Kana - Very interesting voice
Murota Mizuki
Sasaki Rikako
Kamikokuryo Moe
Wada Ayaka
Tamura Meimi
Katsuta Rina
Aikawa Maho - Nothing bad, she's just not a standout for me

Juice=Juice
Takagi Sayuki
Kanazawa Tomoko
Uemura Akari
Miyazaki Yuka
Miyamoto Karin - Wasn't too fond at first but she's grown on me

Country Girls
Tsugunaga Momoko
Morito Chisaki
Ozeki Mai
Inaba Manaka
Yamaki Risa
Funaki Musubu - Again nothing bad, I just haven't decided yet
Yanagawa Nanami - The same applies

Kobushi Factory
Hirose Ayaka - Fell for this girl instantly. The new Risako for me
Ogawa Rena
Nomura Minami
Wada Sakurako
Hamaura Ayano
Inoue Rei
Fujii Rio
Taguchi Natsumi

Aaand I can't rank Tsubaki yet
Supadackles
Senior Initiate

Favorite Idol: Hirose Ayaka

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:04 pm

By Group:
1.ANGERME - Skyrocketed after the start of ANGERME... Everyone's enthusiasm increased dramatically so, the songs got so much better, and now Kamiko being added is the best, she's so pretty and caught up quickly!
2.Kobushi Factory - :rock: That's all.
3.Morning Musume - Would have been #2 behind Berryz, but lately they haven't been as entertaining as they used to imo, and the songs haven't been helping much either... but maybe they'll grow again? We'll see.
4.Country Girls - Really great group, solid songs, great chemistry within the group... wonderful!
5.Tsubaki Factory - Were at #7, but then I realized that I actually really love their songs and I look forward to new songs, and love the progress they've been making.
6.Juice=Juice - When they first started were at #3, but after their debut they've slowly fallen into a lackluster set of singles imo, and haven't been able to come back until this past single, and I hope they stay on this path, because if they do, they might just rise up again. :)
7.C-ute - I've never really liked their songs tbh, though as a group their chemistry is really great. I just... their songs.... probably the group with the most amount of songs I don't care for. (Other than MM, but that's uncomparable with like 7 years of songs I've yet to listen to.)
---
Members by group:
Love/Really Like/Like/Meh/Really Meh/Nope
ANGERME:
Nakanishi Kana - Cute, pretty, her voice's been improving, and you gotta love her raps. Also her personality is just so quirky and awesome, love it.
Murota Mizuki - She's got that aura we've all been talking about, but at the same time is super cute. And her voice is pretty good.
Aikawa Maho - CUTEST SPACEY THING EVER :love:
Tamura Meimi - Got imo a voice to contest Airi if she works on it!
Kamikokuryou Moe - If the name's not enough, she's got a great voice, dances great, has got a great appeal imo. And she tries her best which I hope stays!
Wada Ayaka - She's turned into a wonderful lady, leads the group beautifully, I love her dedication.
Sasaki Rikako - Those faces of hers, she's a good singer, what else ya need?
Katsuta Rina - Yanno...
Takeuchi Akari - No Comment, but she's got a good voice.

Kobushi Factory:
Inoue Rei
Hirose Ayaka
Taguchi Natsumi
Wada Sakurako

Nomura Minami
Hamaura Ayano

Fujii Rio
Ogawa Rena

Morning Musume:
Ishida Ayumi - Ohhhhhhhhh :love:
Kudo Haruka - :love: :love:
Nonaka Miki
Sato Masaki
Iikubo Haruna
Oda Sakura
Ogata Haruna
Fukumura Mizuki
Makino Maria - Other than her prettiness and her cute "oops" aura, not much I like.
Ikuta Erina
Haga Akane
Kanon Suzuki

Country Girls:
Ozeki Mai
Inaba Manaka
Funaki Musubu
Yamaki Risa
Morito Chisaki
Tsugunaga Momoko
Yanagawa Nanami

Tsubaki Factory:
Asukara Kiki - :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
Ogata Risa
Niinuma Kisora
Yamagishi Riko
Kishimoto Yumeno
Tanimoto Ami

Juice=Juice:
Uemura Akari
Takagi Sayuki
Kanazawa Tomoko
Miyazaki Yuka
Miyamoto Karin - had you asked two months ago, I'd have put her lower than "nope", but she's slowly coming back up on my lists.

C-ute:
Suzuki Airi
Nakajima Saki
Okai Chisato
Hagiwara Mai - used to be #1 for the C-utesters, but then idk, her voice, instead of getting better (never was good) got worse, among other things.
Yajima Maimi
No Berryz, No Life.
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project