Cutest/Coolest/Hottest/etc H!P member photos

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: Cutest / Coolest / Hottest H!P member photos

Postby jeiwa42 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:39 am

Daaishi XD Duu looks like a guy, def... Haruna is making one of those family comedy movie type face that you'd see at a movie ad.

And shipping, well I guess its used as a romantic term, but I tend to take it more as a really close, somewhat best friend type relationship when it comes to shipping idols. Even when they say I love you to each other or they go out on dates, I still take it more like a really close friendship. I dont think i'll ever look at it as a romantic love kinda way.
KAE-DID IT!!! I am proud to have kept her KSS photo as my avatar since Feb 2, 2014, three years ago!!!
jeiwa42
Minion

Favorite Idol: MuroMinaTaguKisoORisaKaedi

Postby resop2 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:21 am

BerryzGiraffe3705 wrote:^^^I mean like, i guess... but idk. :P Didn't you guys say shipping is like a romantic relationship type thing? :P

A ship can be romantic, friendship, skinship, or sexual imagined relationship between two people/characters. Shipping is the appreciation/promotion of a ship. Shipping can take many forms. One can include in your signature "I :heart: TakaGaki" or "IshiYoshi 4ever". One could write a fan fic where the members of your ship are characters who overcome difficulties because of their love (or one could request that someone else write one). One could create a youtube video with your favorite scenes/pictures of your ship mixed with some sappy music. One could get into flame wars with other people online over competing ships ("PonPon is only business, HoneyPon is the real thing!" "No! Haruna x Ayaka is love!"). One could go wild with photoshop and create collages celebrating your favorite ship. One could draw fan art staring the members of your ship.

Is such activity pointless? No. People who ship in the general sense are a minority inside of a fandom that might not even be mainstream. By creating and consuming the results of these activities one is drawn into a sense of community and the happiness one derives from the ship is magnified.

My point is that compared to three years ago there is less point in doing a lot of work to promote your favorite ship in H!P fandom because often times members of your favorite ship will promote the ship themselves.

As for ships themselves being pointless, you may be right but there are a huge number of people who do it over nearly every fandom you can think of. It would be very odd to think that so many people engage in an activity that is completely pointless, but tons of people participate in activities every day that are pointless or worse self-destructive.

And, as for ships between characters/people that contradict their stated or perceived sexual orientations being pointless, I don't see what the problem is. If two characters are not together then your shipping them will not bring them together regardless what their underlining orientation is. A lesbian ship between (presumed) heterosexual girls is in no way better or worse than a heterosexual ship between (presumed) heterosexual characters.

In other words I don't consider Maro/Riro to be any more or less pointless than Kirk/Spock or Harry/Hermione. If you like it, then it is important to you. If not, then they are pointless.

And, if you do like a ship, then you will certainly want to see "rubu rubu" pictures of this ship on this particular thread.
resop2
Skeptic

Postby esm » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:43 am

AyuHikaru wrote:Technically being a fan of anything is "pointless" :P

I don't think it's pointless. I believe that fandom is part of your identity. When you just consume whatever form of entertainment is conveniently there in front of you, that's not really fandom. But when you invest the time, mental effort, and/or money into specific few things (even if I don't think we have complete control of what we happen to like or dislike), that's being a fan. Some people display it with material goods or through social media. Others with knowledge. Some might have the fandom be the common denominator among social groups. Some might not deliberately display it at all, but it might still come out in one way or another.

I mean, you don't "need" it to survive or to get by in society, but it's not pointless.
esm

Favorite Idol: Reina, Eripon, Nakky

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:50 am

I guess then, liking to see Ishikudu or Daishi + Captain photos... that counts as shipping? O.o
.______.
So then... I do ship? >.>
Whoa the irony.

...I mean, I understand the point of shipping, and I get that people love doing it.
just, since they know it will probably never happen, it's pointless.
But I guess for the point your making, that it's just for themselves and usually has nothing to actually do with the girls, then i guess it makes sense. XD
No Berryz, No Life.
Please people, I'm a "he" not a "she".
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Location: A giant crocodile-shaped island next to a huge apple
Favorite Idol: Cappy, Daaishi, Duu, Maho

Postby Moh » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:57 am

Zukki's face though.
Moh
Prophet

Favorite Idol: 鈴木愛理・段原瑠々・島倉りか・北原もも

Postby jeiwa42 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:07 am

^ LOL reading all that seriousness about shipping, then reading that, was just like a perfect moment of what the heck haha

Yeah, she's using her monomane face again XD And the duck face Eripon and Rihoriho is cute XD

^^ I mean, yeah, it's not like we're gonna force ships to happen, that's what fanfics and photoshop are for haha It's just fun when there 2 characters/idols seem really close and it's sweet and, with the example of Ayacho and Haruna, it's genuine friendship in H!P that's cute, cause it means they're all happy and getting along and stuff, makes it not all about work. Same with the recent Aarii pictures with fellow J=J members being all close and friendly, its nice seeing the girls get along. I actually saw a funny post on twitter that had Aarii's photos with her groupmates and they said "Juice=Juice is just Aarii's harem, as well as KanaTomo's victims" XD

That Daaishi + Captain photo is awesome though, someone has it as their avatar, its really cool.
KAE-DID IT!!! I am proud to have kept her KSS photo as my avatar since Feb 2, 2014, three years ago!!!
jeiwa42
Minion

Favorite Idol: MuroMinaTaguKisoORisaKaedi

Postby resop2 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:12 am

BerryzGiraffe3705 wrote:I guess then, liking to see Ishikudu or Daishi + Captain photos... that counts as shipping? O.o
.______.
So then... I do ship? >.>

That depends on what the pictures represent to you. If it's along the lines of "Ayumi and Kudo are super duper cute and look super duper cute together but I don't even care if they hang out aside from the photoshoots" then you do not ship. If you like pictures of Ayumi and Shimizu and you think that pictures of them together stand out due to the strong bond of friendship that the two of them have (on top of both being super duper cute) then you do ship.
resop2
Skeptic

Postby Denki » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:21 am

I generally only use friendship shipping when it comes to real people. If one is talking about fictional characters, then I might go all out. :hehe:
Last edited by Denki on Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Denki

Favorite Idol: えりぽん

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:40 am

ohhhhh I see. XD
So then I guess I don't ship then... :P (The only ones I'd count would be Haruna + Wada in that case. XD)

And Jeiwa, do you mean
Because if so, that used to be mine, but I switched back to saki + her... iced tea? because it's more awesome. XD
No Berryz, No Life.
Please people, I'm a "he" not a "she".
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Location: A giant crocodile-shaped island next to a huge apple
Favorite Idol: Cappy, Daaishi, Duu, Maho

Postby 321BreakinOut » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:05 pm

When Saki and Miyabi graduate i'm going to feel so bitter lol
321BreakinOut
Devotee

PreviousNext