Hello! Project Photobook & Visual Photobook thread

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: H!P Photobook / Image DVD thread

Postby JonCC » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:54 pm

JonCC
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Sayashi Riho

Postby Panic Nancy » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:17 pm

Panic Nancy
Minion

Postby JonCC » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:42 am

^It is most enjoyable to watch someone be so genuinely enthused about something.
JonCC
Devotee

Postby Amped » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:56 pm

Amped
High Priest

Postby otaku_blue » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:20 pm

Amped wrote:Riho's fashion archive
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjg3NDUyNDk2.html

not to be an ass...
but isnt that just a bit hypocritical? like you were bitching about 321BreakinOut posting youtube links to songs the other day when you're posting links to watch dvds? :roll:
otaku_blue
Devotee

Postby Starra » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:59 pm

That's been bugging me for a while, actually. Why is it that we can't post links to full singles, but streaming links to DVDs seems to be okay? To me linking to full DVDs is worse than, say, a full song that's a sample of a single :unsure: .
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby Bossy Zunu » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:36 pm

You can post a link to a streaming anything. You can't post a link to a direct download or a direct torrent. It's not a question of what's morally right or wrong. It's about what kind of link is more likely to land us in hot water with our provider. Technically, only hosting content is illegal, linking to it is not. But in practice, sites that function as link directories frequently get shut down, whereas sites that merely link to youtube, soundcloud, etc., do not.

There is a second reason. A site that is just hosting links generally doesn't have much in the way of discussion. But if you are, in the best case embedding a stream, it encourages people to talk about it. And the function of this site is to be a forum for discussion.

On the other hand, I don't really care one way or another about non-link generalized notifications of hosted content. Something like, "Hey guys, they've got the single up on the H!O tracker" is not a problem. So if you guys feel like uploading stuff to your own site (hello-base) and casually mentioning that it's over there, be my guest!
Bossy Zunu
Site Admin

Postby Starra » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:44 pm

^I meant full DVDs, like that one. I guess it's a bit different if it's a TV show or a FC DVD that's hard for people to buy, but... Idk. Videos from streaming sites can be downloaded (and it's pretty easy to do so, if you know what you're doing), so if it's a DVD in full that's being posted, I see that as worse than a link to a full song on YT or whatever. Yes, both are technically illegal, but pretty much everything on the Internet is illegal nowadays, so I'm not worried about that. I just feel like full DVDs are going a bit too far, but maybe that's just me.

I'm not even being an elitist or anything, because 99% of the time I don't even watch any of the DVDs linked to on here :lol: . It's just always bothered me, but hey. It's not my forum. I'm not trying to make the rules.

Also, for H!B, we're planning on embedding MVs and stuff at some point, last I checked. But only from official channels and stuff, since we don't want UF to be mad at us if we ever get big :fear: .

(PS Sorry if I sound rude or whatever. I'm just trying to explain how I feel (and probably failing miserably) about this whole thing. I'm not mad at you about it, Zunu. It's not your fault.)
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby JonCC » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:48 pm

At least it was a Youku video.
Those never work for me. I generally don't bother to click on those links anymore.
JonCC
Devotee

Postby Celedam » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:00 pm

It's a function of quality and availability. It's hard to get mad about low-quality rips of TV appearances and fan club DVDs because foreign fans simply cannot get those things through the normal channels. There are few or no sales lost to piracy of those things.

But as you go down the spectrum to things that are high-quality and easy to get, like individual tracks that you can buy DRM-free at the iTunes Store in most countries, piracy becomes gratuitous and directly harmful to sales.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project