Hello! Project Station '24 » YT, TV, Radio, Magazines

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: H!P TV, Radio, Magazines, Hello! Station

Postby Zunu » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:17 am

^^ Nakajima's been on P-League longer than Nakazawa was in Morning Musume.

Dailymotion infuriates me so much. I don't mind the advertising, but why doesn't the video pause while the ads play? That's ridiculous.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby boinsie » Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:26 am

Is there a pay version of Dailymotion that would remove the ads? If so, that's probably why--better incentive to buy their service.
If not, then holy god, I have no idea. :lipssealed:
boinsie
Guru

Postby Amped » Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:51 am

Amped wrote:you need adblock plus to never see those dailymotion and youtube ads ever again. its made video watching so much easier

viewtopic.php?p=163164#p163164
Amped
High Priest

Favorite Idol: 工どう由愛

Postby Zunu » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:00 am

Yeah like I said I don't mind ads per se and I'd prefer to not block them. To me they're a fair price to pay for free product, and I *want* them to get compensated for showing H!P stuff. But playing over a still running program is insane. The current implementation makes me think they don't use their own product. Whatever, it's pointless just to kvetch. I sent them a complaint via their feedback link, not that I expect that to help either. They have zillions of users, they must get this complaint all the time:

Spoiler: show
Hey guys, I like your service, but the way you currently implement advertising is insane. While watching a video your ads pop up and play full screen over it. On other services the video pauses while the ad is playing. But here, the video plays on obscured by the ad, and I can't even manually pause what I'm watching. That's ridiculous. Let me clarify. I don't mind advertising. I think it's a reasonable way for free videos to be supported. But the ad shouldn't destroy the viewing experience. Friends have suggested I just install adblock plus, problem solved. I don't like that solution because I do want dailymotion to be paid for playing the videos I watch. But I'm not going to watch them at all if the ad ruins them.

If you used your own product, you'd know how annoying it is.
Zunu
Pantaloon

Postby forgetmenots » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:20 am

^I've only had this happen to me once or twice. I watch a ton of things on DailyMotion as well life saver since most of the shows I used to watch online I can't now because of American Hulu being blocked for me. Maybe they just haven't tested with enough computers and browsers to make sure it doesn't happen.

@Oshiete Kouhai: I had forgotten Mizuki loves to draw. I wish she'd talk about it much more, or implement it.
forgetmenots
Queen of All Banners

Favorite Idol: Maachan, Nonaka, Oda

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:54 pm

Zunu: I've been in back-and-forth contact with them two times now, for similar issues (and other ad-based problems). Some seem to have been fixed (or dwarfed at the very least) since then, some are still around - but it is better for me now than it was just three months ago. They might send a reply mail asking for more details and screenshots of the issues, even if your issue can't be fully captured with a screenshot.

Now when I watch DM videos, unless they're on the shorter side, I just follow a crude system. It takes a couple of extra minutes, but it's better (for me) than the alternative. :lol:
Spoiler: show
- Mute and jump through in 1-4 minute chunks (sometimes larger).
- Let them go for a few seconds in between jumpd to allow ads in that section to play.
- Continue the pattern until nearing the end (but never actually let it end).
- Pull back to the start, where you can (usually) watch smoothly with no interruptions.
----

Back on topic: Mizuki's drawing reminded me of the time I wanted them to have/let someone in H!P draw a mini-manga to go with (or in) a photobook. These days it could be fun to let Haruna do it since she pushes her love of manga so much, but I have no idea of her skill level in drawing. Maybe a collaboration, with her as writer and someone else filling in as artist.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby Zunu » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:01 pm

^ Thanks for that confirmation. To be honest, if it's something I really want to see uninterrupted, I'll either download it while I'm watching it (using DownloadHelper), or wait for it to show up on H!O's tracker, and play it back from my hard drive.
Zunu
Pantaloon

Postby Amped » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:45 pm

Sayumi's UTB series "Sayumin no... Oshiete Kouhai!" vol.9 - final

Sayu's final thoughts
Amped
High Priest

Postby JonCC » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:28 am

Riho rarely has guests on her show.
But Sakura guested on the most recent show. :thumbs-up:
JonCC
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Sayashi Riho

Postby Amped » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:41 am

Morning Musume. '14 will be on the cover and featured in Weekly Shonen Sunday magazine, 11/19 issue (release 11/5)
http://www.hmv.co.jp/en/artist_%E9%80%B ... B7_6057556
Amped
High Priest

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project