Hello! Project Station '24 » YT, TV, Radio, Magazines

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: H!P TV, Radio, Magazines, Hello! Station

Postby Panic Nancy » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:20 pm

I get that. But I thought it would be clear to Starra because she's done that before. Like when she was complaining about the over-the-top reactions to Berryz graduating:
Starra wrote:I wasn't really talking about JPlop -- it's more stuff I've seen on Twitter. But Twitter isn't really a place to rant too much, so that's why I took to JPlop.
Panic Nancy
Minion

Postby Starra » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:30 pm

@Panic Nancy: True, but I, personally, haven't seen it on Twitter, H!O picboard comments or anywhere like that. Searching both "Yamaki Risa ugly" and "Yamakki ugly" on Google doesn't return any results either.

If it's 2ch and stuff... they say negative things about the way every member looks, lol. Every other day there's one of those "_______ is over wwwwwww" threads, where someone'll post a picture (or pictures) of a member looking "ugly". Usually it's just a screencap taken at purposefully unfortunate timing to make the girl look bad.

I dunno, most people who say negative comments about the way a member looks probably don't actually think they're truly ugly. People are just kinda gross when it comes to that stuff. No, they shouldn't be saying it at all, but at the same time... they shouldn't have to find a member attractive or justify why they don't particularly like somebody's face.

Also, I do need to be better about acting like I'm going off on JPloppers when I'm really just bitching about something in general. Although if I'm directing something at y'all I try to make sure I point it out specifically... Hopefully.
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby Panic Nancy » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:42 pm

My guess would be that she's seen it on Tumblr. People are always saying nasty stuff on there. But I have no idea, otherwise.
Panic Nancy
Minion

Postby Starra » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:44 pm

People on Tumblr are generally horrible about absolutely everything ever, so I really wouldn't take anything on there seriously.
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby Panic Nancy » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:52 pm

I just block all of the confession blogs, and anybody who keeps saying rude stuff, so I manage to escape most of the nasty comments. Except for when people I follow reblog stuff from the confession blogs. -_-
Panic Nancy
Minion

Postby Shabranikuduu » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:05 am

Yeah, that's part of the reason I didn't follow a single H!P blog when I first started using Tumblr. I still don't follow many because a lot of them just get on my nerves.
Shabranikuduu
Acolyte

Postby Zunu » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:34 am

AyuHikaru wrote:Most "science" agrees that attractiveness is based on Facial Symmetry. Studies have shown people believe others are more attractive if their face is more symmetrical:

What this means is that science agrees that people tend to use bilateral symmetry as a criteria when forming their subjective opinions about whether someone's face and body is beautiful or not. It doesn't mean that the opinion itself is objective. 2+2=5 is objective. Whether it's true or not is not a matter of opinion, but exists as a fact in the universe, irrespective of our personal feelings. The sun is objectively larger than the earth, because size comparisons are an objective relationship. "The sun is large" is however, subjective, because whether or not something is objectively "large" is not a well-defined concept.

Example is most people will find the symmetrical versions much more attractive than their nonsymmetrical counter parts:

Sure. There's an evolutionary reason for that. In most animals, symmetry implies health, and the appearance of health is a criteria used for selecting a mate. Animals such as fiddler crabs seek out an asymmetrically large claw, so bilateral symmetry isn't a universal criteria. And you'll notice trees don't bother to be symmetrical because they don't use visual criteria to procreate. We don't necessarily regard a symmetrical tree as more beautiful than a non-symmetrical one either.

Studies have shown that people who meet the "Golden Ratio" and fit the mask the closest are considered much more attractive then anyone of their counterparts.

People of a numerologistic bent have been trying to make the Golden Ratio happen since antiquity. "Let's pick things that already almost sorta kinda fit the golden ratio, and disregard everything else, and kablam, we'll 'prove' that it is a significant standard of beauty." So sure, if you ignore the Sun, and the Moon, and skyscrapers, and lakes, and trees, and long hair, and baby fingers, and everything else that is beautiful but does not fit the golden ratio, and focus on the facial width to height ratio and other things which to a very approximate level fit the golden ratio, then you can claim that the GR is significant.

Risa's face is Symmetrical, her eyes are large, she has very nice, classically feminine features. She's conventionally attractive (Which is a term used to define Objective Attractiveness) the only thing people can get stuck on is her nose.

A discussion for another time, maybe, but attractiveness and beauty are different concepts.

Honestly, I don't know why it's even important to you that Risa fits some theoretical objective standard of beauty. You know she's lovely. You're right and everyone else is wrong! How awesome is that???! :burns:
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby stam4o » Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:17 am

^Thanks, I was starting to make a post about that, but you expressed everything I wanted to say just :up: (and especially the evolutionary explanation)

I'm just gonna add that the concept of symmetry is not entirely the same to everyone (because of aesthetics) and very symetrical doesn't equal to very beautiful, there are ranges, and after a certain grade of symmetry, natural factors start to disappear while traits looking more and more unhuman and unpleasant. What is almost human, but it's not, is creepy actually and much more than the not-so-much-resemblant-to-human things (see the Uncanny Valley, it's not the exact example for this question, but you can match-up the reference).

For example, Korean pop-idols. Their plastified perfectly symetrical faces are quite disturbing actually for me, while for them seems like this kind of symmetry is one of the greatest canons of beauty. Enough of a disagreement to establish at leats 10 other different canons between those two points of view.

Anyway, I do think that Risa is quite beautiful. And Sakura too, and especially without make-up. :love:
stam4o
Minion

Favorite Idol: Akari,Sayumi,Maachan,Riho

Postby Amped » Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:22 am

Amped wrote:
Amped wrote:Sayashi and Kanon's Wadai no Oukouku appearance continued in today's episode. A monomane battle. both of them judges.

Then show staff had a stalking detective reveal his secrets to tailing people by having hidden cameras following Kanon, Eripon, and Ayumi leaving work at the agency office to places like Karaoke, going to a curry restaurant, shopping as an example. very creepy.

after, Kanon felt violated. They had no idea a creepy guy was watching their every move.

Amped
High Priest

Postby Parhelion69 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:47 am

AyuHikari,Risa has an asymmetrical nose, so by your definition she's objectively non-attractive.

You know, you're trying to force your opinion so hard on us , trying to justify her beauty (by confirmation bias), and you can't just accept that some of us can't find her attractive at all.

Females see beauty differently from males, you may look for elegance, charm, whatever. Males are more direct. Big noses can be a turn off for many of us (not all ofc), and it's really hard to describe what is physically attractive in a girl's face, we just feel the attraction (if we talk about bodies, it's easier to say what we're attracted to XD )

So, just live with it. You find her beautiful, some of us don't.
Parhelion69
Minion

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project