Hello! Project Station '24 » YT, TV, Radio, Magazines

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: H!P TV, Radio, Magazines, Hello! Station

Postby Zunu » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:34 pm

AyuHikaru wrote:
Really? I think she's the prettiest girl on this page:

http://i.imgur.com/S47FIYbl.jpg

Almost everyone looks horrible there. You picked a picture where everybody looks horrible. If you need to compare her to a bunch of ugly mugshots to say she looks good, that's not exactly a vote of confidence. Besides, on that page, Kanon blows her away. :lol:

I get people have different tastes, but objectively she isn't ugly.

So...in other words, you really don't get that people have different tastes. :whistling:

Anyway, I don't find her very photogenic, but seeing her on video, I agree she's quite charming and lovely, and is probably stunning in person. But you really can't force people to find her beautiful. They'll come to it in their own time. :time:
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby AyuHikaru » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:56 pm

No, there's subjective ugliness and objective ugliness. OBJECTIVELY she isn't ugly. She is traditionally pretty, so I don't understand while people are saying she's ugly

SUBJECTIVELY I get why people aren't attracted to her. I understand that Brad Pitt is conventionally attractive but I personally do not find him attractive.

Objectively she isn't ugly, just like Sakura isn't. But a lot of people say she is and it boggles my mind
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

Postby Zunu » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:09 pm

The words "objectively" and "ugly" don't go together. The whole concept of beauty is subjective. (Even if people are influenced by objective scientific criteria, the determination of whether something is beautiful to them is by nature subjective.)

What's an example of something you would define as objectively ugly?
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby AyuHikaru » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:38 pm

Most "science" agrees that attractiveness is based on Facial Symmetry. Studies have shown people believe others are more attractive if their face is more symmetrical:

Example is most people will find the symmetrical versions much more attractive than their nonsymmetrical counter parts:
(example)

This is also true of space AROUND the face, which is why this was invented:

Studies have shown that people who meet the "Golden Ratio" and fit the mask the closest are considered much more attractive then anyone of their counterparts.

This is OBJECTIVE beauty. Which Risa generally hits (except for maybe her nose).

oh features: Studies have shown that Large eyes, smaller nose, and fuller lips are considered attractive because they look youthful.High cheekbones help, obviously. But even then with just these features won't look attractive unless it's put on the face correctly. For Risa it is.

Risa's face is Symmetrical, her eyes are large, she has very nice, classically feminine features. She's conventionally attractive (Which is a term used to define Objective Attractiveness) the only thing people can get stuck on is her nose.

(And before people come in and go "I like lopsided faces and tiny tiny lips!" this is just a law of averages, obviously.)
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

Postby Starra » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:48 pm

Everyone has different standards of beauty. I don't really care if people don't think my oshis are pretty/cute/whatever. It shouldn't matter, tbh. So long as you find them good looking and enjoy them, it shouldn't be an issue if other people don't.

Your argument is, to me, coming across as "BUT SHE'S NOT UGLY PEOPLE WHO THINK SHE IS ARE WRONG BECAUSE LOOK, CONVENTIONAL BEAUTY!". It's not gonna make people change their minds.

Is calling somebody "ugly" going too far? Yes. But a quick search reveals that the only argument about someone being "ugly" is Sakura, and that was one person. Literally NOBODY HERE EVER has called Yamaki "ugly" as far as I can find.

Also, ugly is starting to not look like a word anymore.
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby otaku_blue » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:57 pm

:fear:

just to move on from that, I don't think Sakura is your standard(Western/Korean influenced) type of pretty without the makeup, especially with her bowl cut right now. but there are more times when she looks pretty, flawless, and amazing in the photos we see.

I think Yamaki's appeal has increased tenfold with her new hair colour, and her debuting makes her stand out more for good reasons. In kenshuusei she was never my bias, but in a smaller group I can appreciate her involvement more (a reason why I think shuffle units/small groups are better than (excessively) large groups).
otaku_blue
Devotee

Postby Amped » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:02 pm

GIRLPOP 2015 Winter magazine - Maimi

Amped wrote:today, Nakajima Saki officially became the Chichibu city, Saitama prefecture's strawberry ambassador
http://www.pref.saitama.lg.jp/site/anoyuki/

http://www.barks.jp/news/?id=1000110861
Amped
High Priest

Postby otaku_blue » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:47 pm

Amped wrote:
Amped wrote:Sayashi and Kanon's Wadai no Oukouku appearance continued in today's episode. A monomane battle. both of them judges.

Then show staff had a stalking detective reveal his secrets to tailing people by having hidden cameras following Kanon, Eripon, and Ayumi leaving work at the agency office to places like Karaoke, going to a curry restaurant, shopping as an example. very creepy.

after, Kanon felt violated. They had no idea a creepy guy was watching their every move.

this was so creepy.

guess its just a reminder that they're always being watched?
otaku_blue
Devotee

Postby Panic Nancy » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:11 pm

AyuHikaru wrote:No, there's subjective ugliness and objective ugliness. OBJECTIVELY she isn't ugly. She is traditionally pretty, so I don't understand while people are saying she's ugly

SUBJECTIVELY I get why people aren't attracted to her. I understand that Brad Pitt is conventionally attractive but I personally do not find him attractive.

Objectively she isn't ugly, just like Sakura isn't. But a lot of people say she is and it boggles my mind

Sometimes people will call a person ugly when they really don't like something about the person's face, even if the person isn't really ugly overall. Like... Nacky's teeth are ugly to me, so she was sort of ugly to me at first. (I didn't go around saying that, though, because it's mean. And if I did and don't remember, I'm sorry.) But I've gotten over her teeth and now I think she's really pretty. And sometimes people call other people ugly when they just mean that they aren't attractive to them. Kind of like when people call people fat when they are just not skinny.

Anyway, there are some people who basically have no flaws and look good from virtually any angle and in any lighting (MAIMI). But there are other people who are also very pretty but have flaws that can make them look bad at times. Some people will notice that they are pretty right away but other people will be distracted by these flaws. For example, there was this idol group I was checking out. One of the members had a rather large nose and big ears. I didn't think she was pretty. All I could see was her flaws. But she seemed to be one of the most popular members. I didn't understand why. (I figured it might be because of her personality.) Anyway, I started watching the group's other stuff. I finally saw a video of her with better lighting that didn't make her flaws stand out so much, and I realized she was gorgeous. But my sister noticed right away how pretty she was, even in videos with harsh lighting. So, like Zunu said, the people that think Risa isn't pretty might change their minds soon. (I'm not saying that everybody will, of course.)

I am sure you already know all this stuff, but I thought it might make you feel better to be reminded of it.

Starra wrote: But a quick search reveals that the only argument about someone being "ugly" is Sakura, and that was one person. Literally NOBODY HERE EVER has called Yamaki "ugly" as far as I can find.

I think it's clear that she's talking about comments she has seen on other websites.
Panic Nancy
Minion

Postby Celedam » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:17 pm

^ No, that's not clear, not when it's followed by comments like...

aerosuffly wrote:Right! I don't understand people here. :fear:

And even if that's the case -- responding here to comments made elsewhere -- it's a very bad habit precisely because it causes miscommunication and unintended offense.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project