H!P/related Concerts and Stage Plays

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: H!P/related Concerts and Stage Plays

Postby Amped » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:43 am

Katsuta Rina apologizes for leaving in the middle of a handshake event after the concert in the Hiroshima yesterday. Shes feeling better and says shes OK. She hopes for another handshake event in Hiroshima. at the concert in Hiroshima, she finally got to sing her solo on this tour. The fans gave her a orange penlight encore. in the dressing room, she was laughing it up with Tamura.
http://ameblo.jp/angerme-amerika/entry-12013354095.html
Amped
High Priest

Postby Zunu » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:24 am

JonCC wrote:Have I mentioned how much I dislike the concept of handshake events and that I hate that the girls actually have to do them?

I've only been to one handshake, here in the US, and didn't enjoy it that much; I felt a bit like a creeper, but, worse than that, it just felt like having a conversation with them was kind of pointless and anticlimactic. OTOH I don't even care for book signing and 2-shot lines at cons and whatnot. If you're an artist, I like what you do but I don't need to pretend that a 14 second interaction is going to put us on personal terms. But I can understand that it would be fun and exciting for a lot of people. For me personally, I'd 10,000x prefer an audience participation Q&A panel. Everyone gets to relax and be witty and you almost always see or learn something interesting at those events.

I feel like if they do have handshakes, they should take down ID information of the participants. That's not going to deter a determined assailant, but it might give pause to people who want to anonymously get away with being assholes.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:38 pm

Obsidian wrote:UUG footage starts around 5.55

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=355&v=xbulr9Foz2Q
Thanks! You saved me a lot of time, and now I don't have to wait on myself to feel less lazy about going back through the thread. :lol:
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby sb » Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:40 pm

My whole thing is why go out of your way to go to a handshake event to see someone you don't like? Is your life that damn sad and pathetic that you're willing to take time out of your day to be an asshole to an idol? Well congratulations jackass you made a girl cry. Some big shot you are. And at the end of the day, Rina will be just fine and you'll die alone and unloved.

As for handshake events themselves I don't mind them, I like meeting them and getting their autographs better honestly. But regardless I'm not one who believes that after the few seconds I'm interacting with them they're gonna remember me cause what I said changed their lives forever like some other delusional fans might. It's basically an interesting experience and memory for me as a fan. I've enjoyed the brief moments with the Jpop singers and idols I've met but that's all it was. I don't think I'm friends with them now or some crap.

Problem is like anything else in the world a few idiots ruin it for everyone else.
sb
Minion

Postby Jessi » Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:43 pm

You can't completely lack respect for one member of a group and then still call yourself a fan of said group.
youtube.com/luciditi
Jessi

Favorite Idol: 佐藤 優樹

Postby Amped » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:14 pm

Juice=Juice is invited to perform at an idol live event called "@ JAM 2015" on 5/30
http://natalie.mu/music/news/143901

Stylips performing on 5/31.
Amped
High Priest

Postby BerryzCelebration » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:27 pm

Jessi wrote:You can't completely lack respect for one member of a group and then still call yourself a fan of said group.

Yeah, if that was the case we'd still consider aitor certain people respectable members of this fandom.
BerryzCelebration

Favorite Idol: Mikitty/Chinami

Postby Jessi » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:36 pm

There is a difference between not liking a member and expressing it on a forum, and telling a member to their face to go die.
youtube.com/luciditi
Jessi

Favorite Idol: 佐藤 優樹

Postby Starra » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:01 pm

Jessi wrote:You can't completely lack respect for one member of a group and then still call yourself a fan of said group.

I disagree. I get what you're saying, and if it's extreme, sure, but there are certain past MM。members I really don't like and yet MM。is still my favourite musical act.

Don't be an asshole about members you dislike, yeah, but you don't have to like everything about a group to be a fan of a group.

And honestly, I don't mind it when people post negative comments about members they aren't fans of, so long as it's not constant. You can say things like "I wish X didn't get so much Y" or "I really don't like X". But there's a fine line between that and "X needs to hurry up and graduate". But that's a very small minority. Most people aren't that childish, really.

Going up to a girl at a handshake event or whatever just to say you hate her is completely different to being an ass online. Most of those are empty statements and people are negative in general a lot of the time (me included). But if you put that much effort into making a girl feel upset IRL, it's got nothing to do with whether or not you're a fan -- you're a piece of shit.

EDIT: I missed your above comment. I think we're actually agreeing, but I just misinterpreted it. Whoops. Anyway, this is how I feel about the topic.
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby BerryzCelebration » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:32 pm

Jessi wrote:There is a difference between not liking a member and expressing it on a forum, and telling a member to their face to go die.

Assuming you're talking about different situations (since that was not what was said to Rina apparently), then yeah, there is a difference between the two. Although lately that particular guy has been putting down Morning Musume as a group lately, which makes me curious as to why he still calls himself a fan.

Anyways, I kinda wish people would keep that commentary online on places like 2ch. Is it still harsh and rude? Yes, but I'd rather have it be said online then to a member's face, considering the fact that it can ruin a girl's self esteem. People need to remember that these girls are teenagers, and a lot of teenagers seem to fall into depression, and we know what depression can lead to sometimes. Just in general, people need to learn what to say and what not to say. People think because they're protected by a screen, a window, a table, or whatever, that they can say whatever they want. But it's going to catch up with them, sooner or later in life.
BerryzCelebration

Favorite Idol: Mikitty/Chinami

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project