H!P/related Concerts and Stage Plays

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: H!P/related Concerts and Stage Plays

Postby Amped » Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:40 am

UF is getting soft. They should have let her quit being an idol instead of dragging everyone else down. It would be so much easier to date out of the spotlight. There are other girls out there who want to be in H!P more than Hagiwara. Like Maimi said, they are supposed to be role models for the younger generation. Hagiwara is not someone they should look up to.
Amped
High Priest

Postby downfrontguy » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:00 am

Should've just pretended as if nothing happened and went on with the show. There wasn't any significant backlash for her, only a brief murmur at best.

It seems like either a) one acknowledged scandals and quit (Yaguchi, Fujimoto, etc), b) just simply quit allegedly (ex C-ute members) or c) made this innocent card and apologized and stayed put (Abe, Suzuki, etc and now Hagiwara). Or d) just simply ignored and went on like Matsuura and Takahashi. Takahashi was about to quit H!P anyway, so it didn't matter, but Matsuura was exposed in 2005 (by Friday) and she never acknowledged, staying on for 4 more years. Only did so just b4 she married a couple years ago.

Of all dating scandals at H!P history, whenever one addressed as "just friend" or acquaintance "happened" to meet, it didn't suddenly make things better -it didn't make it worse or anything, but never even addressing would work quite well as seen from Matsuura's example. All this did, it seems to me, is to bring back a dead horse for a while again.
downfrontguy
Senior Initiate

Postby AyuHikaru » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:22 am

I'm unsure why Hagiwara is not role model material. She doesn't drink/do drugs, she doesn't smoke, she does her job diligently and well even if she doesn't enjoy sometimes - so she's generally responsible. She's hardly missed any time being in C-ute since being a very young girl at, what, like 5? Which makes her extremely reliable. She's done this so long and hasn't left which means this wasn't just a passing fancy for her and she understands the work involved, which shows dedication. Sure, she made one mistake as a 20 year old adult who's been pretty sheltered and, despite it arguably not being a mistake at all, she owned up to it, apologized and said she would strive to be better.

More people should be like Hagiwara.
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

Postby Denki » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:25 am

Honestly, I don't care if C-ute leaves H!P or not, but the time they needs to graduate from being idols and become artists is coming soon. They're all adults and situations like these will happen. Being "idols" will only restrict them from what regular women in their twenties do.
Denki

Favorite Idol: えりぽん

Postby Sohee » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:32 am

I just hate that "girl hanging out with guy" automatically means they're dating. It's getting really goddamn old.
Sohee
Hierophant

Favorite Idol: Kamei Eri

Postby Starra » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:49 am

Airi was caught sitting next to a guy on a train a few years ago and had to apologise for that. It's pretty dumb.

koregaboku wrote:Of the C-ute 5 though... Mai does seem like the one that would most have a dating scandal.
:rofl:

This is exactly my point, lmao.
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby Moh » Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:38 pm

They could've made Maimai shave her head... :fear:
Moh
Prophet

Favorite Idol: 鈴木愛理・段原瑠々・島倉りか・北原もも

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:49 pm

Sohee wrote:I just hate that "girl hanging out with guy" automatically means they're dating. It's getting really goddamn old.
This. I don't understand why this is difficult.

Also annoying (though it doesn't really matter in the end, it's just annoying because it's not true according to what we have) that I keep seeing stuff about them holding hands or being cross-armed in the pictures. They weren't, unless there were more pictures that I haven't seen. You can see her arm, in her coat, hanging by her side behind his while he is reaching across his body. :lol: (upper right)
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby Amped » Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:49 pm

There will be live viewings in Cinemas across Japan for C-ute' Budokan concert on 6/20
http://www.helloproject.com/news/5221/
Amped
High Priest

Postby otaku_blue » Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:06 pm

I know y'all are joking but head shaving is one thing I'd never wish upon an idol.

My thoughts:
1. Props to Maimi, she's really showing her initiative and maturity as Hello Project's leader taking it upon herself for apologising for Maimai's "scandal".
2. Hagiwara has always been a great senpai who's always made the initiative to be nice and a mentor. For example, she has a good relationship with Maria who looks up to her and was given her perfume. Everyone respects the efforts she puts into her physical appearance and dancing.
3. They swept this under the rug and I think they only felt the need to respond after they saw there was a lot of dislikes under Mai's video when she hosted Hello Station. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFbeJRVmI3w
4. What a way to ruin their 11th anniversary, but its a good day to emphasise how long she's been an idol and the fact that this is her ONLY scandal in her career. Keep in mind there are a lot worse career ruining photos that can be found from other groups like AKB48.
5. Maimi really emphasises that this is their last "strike" as a group before they're out.
6. Maimai hasn't really drawn much attention to herself lately. She's stopped changing up her hair, quieted down, and doesn't blog as much as she used to.
7. Maimai has really had it tough lately especially if you factor in the voice cracking. She even wanted to leave at that time, but C-ute want to go on as 5. I think it's very brave of her and C-ute to want to continue together and prove themselves rather than just quitting and ending it there so easily. If Airi had left after her "scandal" imagine how different things would be now...
8. UFP probably had to do a thorough check before they could address the issue, even maybe buy out the tabloid, because the tabloid made some pretty weird accusations. Hopefully they don't have anything else they could release against her. This is probably my biggest concern.

this twitter acc I follow ran a poll, currently the option "Already over twenty and it's no problem" (rough google translation) is in the lead at 41% with 1339 votes.
https://twitter.com/helloprohealing/sta ... 5998621696

if you're into things like NetizenBuzz, the comments in this yahoo article provides some perspective into reactions http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20160 ... -ent&pos=2
otaku_blue
Devotee

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project