Tsunku♂ Thread

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: Tsunku Thread - Tsunku Resigned as H!P Producer 10/2014

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:58 am

Spoiler: show
Going off of what you said, but adding a bit of my own two cents (not combating you!)
I think, like you wrote, they need to try being more themselves and not try to be 'Tsunku'... but where I think they make sense is that they are trying to keep H!P more "different" and in that sense, they try to be Tsunku, which is obviously impossible. At least for me, when I say that the new songs sound "tsunku", it usually means that they just... don't have the same sound as generic J-pop songs, which means they are trying to be different and H!P-like.

The only problem I see is that to get more sales, they are trying to push more in a generic direction, hence why I think C-ute is doing much better. They're songs recently have been sounding too generic for H!P-like groups imo.

But besides that, I'm sure Tsunku isn't leaving H!P forever, it's like with everything out there: When someone resigns, retires, etc etc, they usually come back from time to time and give a speech or talk or give pointers, something like that. Like my principles in high school or teachers, etc, they would come back occasionally. And since Tsunku had such a close connection to all the H!P girls, there's no way he's just gonna disappear; he's just not going to produce. But that doesn't mean he can't do anything anymore!
No Berryz, No Life.
Please people, I'm a "he" not a "she".
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Location: A giant crocodile-shaped island next to a huge apple
Favorite Idol: Cappy, Daaishi, Duu, Maho

Postby AyuHikaru » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:59 pm

Morning Musume may be the reason I became an H!P fan, but Tsunku is the reason I stuck around. I find his work amazing, and most of his songs are hits with very few misses. I understand where Henkka's head is at, because mine was there too for awhile. I used to say all the time there is no H!P without Tsunku and if he left I'd probably retire from the fandom. I'm giving it an honest chance though, because I love the girls and the music isn't awful. Some of it even hits that same Tsunku-esque style. Some groups have lost my interest because of this change though - I can't say Juice=Juice is holding my interesting anymore and I feel like they've really gotten the shaft over this. Country Girls sounds like old Country Musume but it sounds like there's a goofiness and weirdness missing in their music that Tsunku put in so I'm not paying much attention.

Honestly, I'm worried my interest in the other groups that aren't Momusu will fade and I'll laser focus onto Morning Musume again, just casually paying attention to the other groups in order to stay current with the fandom. Morning Musume surpasses the Tsunku test to me (Though they are the ones getting his attention right now so that's a nice bonus) but I'm not sure how the others will fair.

I'm really glad I was at the New York concert. In a sense, I was part of something very significant in Tsunku's life and I'll be forever grateful for that.
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

Postby Amped » Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:40 pm

on his blog, Tsunku discusses his upcoming appearance on NHK SONGS music program. He says his rearrangement of Zurui Onna that Chris Hart will sing has a different tempo suit for his sexy voice.
http://ameblo.jp/tsunku-blog/entry-12078139210.html

He also says that he had a person named ALISA help him translate One and Only into English.
Amped
High Priest

Favorite Idol: 工どう由愛

Postby Amped » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:03 am

Amped wrote:airing on 10/3 at 11:30pm, Tsunku will be on the NHK show "SONGS", his first music program in a very long time. Also on the show is singer Kumiko, singing her new song that Tsunku produced. Nagase Tomoya (TOKIO) will sing the song "Hitoribocchi no Haburashi" with Tsunku playing on guitar and singer Chris Hart will be singing a cover of Sharan Q's "Zurui Onna", with a new arrangement produced by Tsunku. Tsunku will also be interviewed.
http://www.barks.jp/news/?id=1000120033

NHK SONGS 10/3/15 - Tsunku

Chris Hart did a great job covering the rearrangement of Zurui Onna. Its good to see Tsunku grooving to music again.
Amped
High Priest

Favorite Idol: 工どう由愛

Postby Shoujo Q » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:31 pm

I guess Tsunku spoke for the first time. Here is the source.

Not much else I can share than that. xD
Shoujo Q
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Suu-san

Postby riversong » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:57 pm

I only flicked through the video to see Chris Hart's performance (which was awesome, and it was exciting to see Tsunku so into it!) but now that Tsunku is (largely) without voice, is it common for people to start learning sign language to communicate?
kremlindusk -> KayouSA -> riversong
riversong
Acolyte

Postby Zunu » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:45 am

Sign languages around the world tend to be distinct languages with their own syntax (e.g. American Sign Language is different from just Signed English, JSL is different from just learning kana symbols with your hands). And so, like any L2 second language acquisition, as an older adult, it's difficult. It would take him years (if ever) to become proficient, and similarly it would take a great deal of effort by the people around him to understand his signs. It's impractical. At his age, I think it would be more common for him to use a TTS (text-to-speech) device or some form of artificial larynx (battery operated device that you place on your neck while speaking) or a TEP device (tracheo-esophageal puncture, the thing that sounds like you're talking through a growl). There are really a variety of ways for him to restore intelligible speech. The problem is that they mostly sound very inelegant which Tsunku may have decided would not be appropriate for his public life. (Edit: Just looked at that article +Kyu posted. It looks like Tsunku is actually working on esophageal speech, which is where you swallow air and kinda belch it out into words. It takes many months to master but at the end of it you can speak well enough to be heard and understood by those around you, although singing is out.) There's also the possibility of his being a candidate for a larynx transplant.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby riversong » Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:54 am

Yeah, that all makes a lot of sense.

It's just so weird given how talented he is with words and lyrics... and being so limited now in that way.
kremlindusk -> KayouSA -> riversong
riversong
Acolyte

Postby esm » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:40 am

Not sure about his day-to-day life, but for public speaking I think having an interpreter would be the best thing (well, the next best thing to him being able to speak effectively). Interpreters that translate spoken language to sign language are common, but there are also those that go the other way around (so that non-signers can understand signers). In principle, the input probably doesn't have to be sign language but perhaps some sort of text communication (like if Tsunku could type into something for the interpreter to "say"... so that it's more spontaneous/natural + emoticons and such could also be used to convey emotion/intonation). I don't know if such an interpreter type exists now, but in principle it could work.
esm

Favorite Idol: Reina, Eripon, Nakky

Postby Zunu » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:16 am

esm wrote:I don't know if such an interpreter type exists now, but in principle it could work.

A version of this is pretty common in the US. If you've ever called an older deaf or hearing or speech impaired person, there's something called a TRS (telecommunications relay service) where you talk to an operator, and then the operator types your message to the hearing impaired person's TTY (teletype device), and then they type a response, then the operator reads it back to you. With widespread text messaging available, people don't really need that service so much any more but the infrastructure still exists and it's as far as I know a basic entitlement throughout the USA (and probably most other countries as well.)
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project