Tsunku♂ Thread

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: Tsunku/Sharan Q thread

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:35 am

Wow.
Tsunku, he's such an amazing human being. I'm so happy he's still alive. This is thefirst time we've really seen him at all since... the cancer started! I'm so happy he's healthy now. Fuck cancer, but i'm just happy he made the right decision.
Tsunku, you're the man.
I'm sure all of us strive to one day be like him.
<3
No Berryz, No Life.
Please people, I'm a "he" not a "she".
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Location: A giant crocodile-shaped island next to a huge apple
Favorite Idol: Cappy, Daaishi, Duu, Maho

Postby iceymoon » Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:11 pm

Single Bed was playing in my head as i read through all the comments and reports here and elsewhere. i feel like i took his voice for granted.. i always thought he was great, and loved his H!P covers and demos, but i never took the time to reflect on it as much as i did his composition and other talents. except for with Single Bed. because his voice in it oozes so much emotion that i can't help but be quiet and listen every time it's played (when his name would come up in the news, or his/Sharan Q performances i happen to catch, etc).

i hope he knows how much people love, respect, and support him. i can't imagine how difficult this was for him, and will continue to be. but more than continuing his work with H!P (which i definitely wish for), i hope he is able to find true peace and happiness with anything he does with his life moving forward. us fans of his genius will continue to look forward to anything he has a hand in. :heart:
iceymoon

Postby downfrontguy » Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:47 pm

aerosuffly wrote:News reported this morning that Tsunku is under rehabilitation to regain voice using esophageal speech. He has no interest in using voice prosthesis.

Hmm, I am guessing what Tsunku had was cordectomy and not Laryngectomy since the reports I read just mentioned about removing vocal cords. And so I am guessing that he was wearing that scarf just because and not to hide some hole on the throat, but I don't care enough on this to probe any further~ :) ...but having said that in two public appearances of Tsunku I saw (post surgery) including this one, he was wearing a scarf in both. ...I'm going to guess that because it's cold.

Here is a youtube video (less than 3 min, so easy to watch for those interested on this topic) that is about speech after laryngectomy, but 3 out of 4 methods (esophageal speech, electronic larynx aka robot voice, and silent talking) apply to cordectomy as well:
downfrontguy
Senior Initiate

Postby aerosuffly » Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:00 pm

Apparently TOKIO knew about Tsunku's surgery. Yamaguchi and Kokubun mentioned in their respective regular morning TV shows (ZIP! and Hakunetsu Live Bibitto) that, after knowing about Tsunku losing his voice, they tried to come up with something to encourage him, so on the Christmas day of last year all TOKIO members visited Tsunku at his place, did a music session and sang with him. Yamaguchi was the one who recommended Tsunku to take kickboxing lessons.
aerosuffly
Minion

Postby Starra » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:26 pm

I think I've worked out why this is so sad -- other than the most obvious reasons, of course.

Tsunku has given so many people a voice through his own. Because of Tsunku's music, literally hundreds of people have been able to fulfil their dreams. He's helped so many people grow as not only performers, but as people. He's changed so many lives, and even in cases where the girls weren't exactly "happy" in H!P (Asuka, Koharu, probably others sadly), he's at least had a huge influence on them. And he's made them realise other dreams and given them the foundation to chase them.

Outside of H!P and other idols he's directly produced, I'm sure many other young women/girls in the music industry were inspired at least somewhat by Tsunku's music. Several idols initially auditioned for H!P (even AKB members like Kashiwagi Yuki and Satou Sumire), indicating that they may have become interested in being an idol because of Tsunku's work. I can't think of any specific examples, but I know several idols have talked about how much they loved H!P growing up and that love inspired them to become idols themselves.

All because of Tsunku and, ultimately, his voice.

Yes, he can still be influential without his voice, but not in the same way. He's been very involved with H!P since the beginning (and sadly isn't as much anymore) and we know he mostly chose the members himself. He's always seemed to have a vision stronger than most, and he can only do so much of it behind the scenes.

Many H!P members were given a voice of their own by Tsunku. And now that Tsunku doesn't have one, he has to express his voice through the girls who he is most likely a father figure to. I wouldn't be surprised if he returned to regular lyric writing for this.

It sucks a lot, and I'm sure nobody's suffering as much as Tsunku himself, but I really admire how brave he is. He gave up what was most important to him because he had to keep going. And he still intends to stick around in the industry -- he very well could've retired. But he didn't.

I didn't think I could respect him any more before all this happened, but it turns out I can. He's amazing, and I really wish there was some way I could convey to him how thankful I am for everything he's done other than a shitty soppy tweet in broken Japanese.

To quote the man himself: life is one time.
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby lynnkung » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:43 pm

I didnt think Tsunku and TOKIO are that close. I know he produced some songs for them but I didnt think they hung out together.
lynnkung
Acolyte

Postby Mixi » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:01 am

I'd like to think Tsunku keeps in touch with all the singers he worked with. He seems like that kind of guy. I was surprised that TK was so close to him. It makes so much sense though.
Mixi
Minion

Favorite Idol: 和田彩花

Postby aerosuffly » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:48 pm

^ Hitoribocchi no Haburashi that Tsunku composed was TOKIO first Oricon weekly number one.

Yesterday Tsunku tweeted to thanks Tetsuya Komura for meeting him. It seems that Tsunku asked Komura for an advice on creating music without voice besides telling him about the surgery. https://twitter.com/tsunkuboy/status/584887528492269570
小室さん、ありがとうございます!小室さんも奥様が大変な時にお時間とっていただき、ありがとうございました!やっぱクリエイティブな会話してると時間経つのもあっという間でしたね。 @Tetsuya_Komuro:

Then, Komura tweeted him back with this. https://twitter.com/tetsuya_komuro/stat ... 2891592704
歌う方いたら、作詞、作曲つんく、編曲
小室で、作詞、秋元さんにお願いしても、
良いね、どうだろう?とにかく作品創ろうよ。

"If we can find a singer, you can do lyrics and composition, and I will do arrangement, or we can ask Akimoto-san to write lyrics. How is that? In any case, let's make music."

It looks like Tsunku has restart a fire inside Komura. God, please make this happened.
aerosuffly
Minion

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:53 pm

aerosuffly wrote:God, please make this happened.
Minus Aki and I might be interested.

Edit: I find him a bit creepy, regardless of skill or talent.
Last edited by Nayoko-Kihara on Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby Sohee » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:22 pm

Actually he's saying:
"If we find a singer it'll be Lyrics: ?, Music: Tsunku, Arrangement: Komuro. How about Akimoto-san for lyrics?"

Which I wouldn't be against at all. Ignoring 48 (which aren't all horrible, there are a good 5% in there that have good lyrics), Akimoto has written a ton of songs to other artists that have had good lyrics. Guy is great (even if I prefer Tsunku myself) so it'd be one hell of a combo.
Make the singer someone super iconic too and *-*
Sohee
Hierophant

Favorite Idol: Kamei Eri

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project