OG (Graduated Members) / M-line Club / M-line Music

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: OG (Graduated Members) Thread

Postby AyuHikaru » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:18 am

If liking cute girls and showing that meant you're a lesbian like 80% of the Western H!P fandom needs to take a look at themselves. Just sayin.
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

Postby Amped » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:09 am

UTAGE 3/29/16 - Momusu OG vs. AKB48
Amped
High Priest

Postby Chibs » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:44 am

damn they took that down quick
ImageImage
Chibs

Favorite Idol: Eri Kamei

Postby SaebaRyo » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:47 am

Full show
SaebaRyo

You make me dizzy, Miss Lizzie

Postby TotallyUncool » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:42 am

I have so many female friends who are bi that the whole question of whether Yossi (or Miki, back when she got married, or just about anyone else) is or has been a lesbian just seems like a non-question. She's got her own range of who she'd do it with, and it doesn't have to make sense to anyone else (or remain the same form one part of her life to the next). We put people in categories, and they just go off and do as they please, without paying the least bit of attention to all those nice categories that we made for them.

So I don't see any contradiction at all between the idea that Miki and Yossi were all over each other at one point (and just about doing it on the counter of that boba stand in Hawaii in that FC video so many long years ago :mikihead: ) and the fact that one is married and has a kid, and the other just got hitched and is pregnant. They were doing whatever they were doing (which H!P played up because a lot of fans loved it), and whatever they're doing now is whatever they're doing now.
If madness made us strong, we would all be invincible.
TotallyUncool
#Member

Location: Gaslighting myself, but then again, I would do that, wouldn't I?
Favorite Idol: Siao Fongfong '66

Postby resop2 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:11 am

While I would not speculate on what Yossie, Miki, Makoto, Rika, Mai, or Ayaka did together off camera (Yossie might have ran all of them or none of them for all I know) it important to remember that on camera Yoshizawa Hitomi was playing the "character" of Yossie, a character who got a big boast in popularity when she went from being a Gotou Maki wannabe to being a ikemen playboy character.
resop2
Skeptic

Postby TotallyUncool » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:55 am

Everybody plays multiple roles -- idols and just plain folks alike. Idols are definitely more aware of their roles, give them a lot more conscious thought and attention, and play them up much more, but I think it's much easier to put together that kind of ongoing public-persona role out of personal qualities that you already have, rather than making it up out of whole cloth, or carrying out an arbitrary role-assignment from management (although I'm sure those things happen).

Just thinking of the people I know personally who maintain public personas (and I'd definitely include myself -- hey, I do live in Southern California, after all, and one of the basic facts of life here is that you're always on stage XD ), I'd say that just about everybody's persona is constructed out of personal qualities -- emphasized, exaggerated, trimmed, decked out, prettied up or uglied down, but based on something inside.

It isn't always the case, of course, but there's generally a difference between clearly defined character-roles such as Haddo Gay, on one hand, and the ongoing public personas that so many people who are or want to be in the public eye adopt.

So -- I don't know. But there usually is a difference between a persona and "just a role".
TotallyUncool
#Member

Re: You make me dizzy, Miss Lizzie

Postby Celedam » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:03 am

TotallyUncool wrote:and just about doing it on the counter of that boba stand in Hawaii in that FC video so many long years ago :mikihead:

https://youtu.be/ObQAuqGAMJs?t=20m58s
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby TotallyUncool » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:34 am

Thanks -- I knew it had to be out there somewhere!
TotallyUncool
#Member

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:46 pm

Tsunku looked like he was having a lot of fun watching the OG perform. What a nice feeling. :heart:
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project