OG (Graduated Members) / M-line Club / M-line Music

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: OG (Graduated Members) Thread

Postby Celedam » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:01 pm

Amped wrote:Goto Maki at another Monster Hunter event
Spoiler: show

http://www.cinematoday.jp/page/N0066438

Goto Maki in Monster Hunter CMs
http://www.capcom.co.jp/monsterhunter/4 ... d=72&cat=9

And more from the release event…

Last edited by Celedam on Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby himonomusume » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:19 pm

Yaguchi :heart:
(As a married woman, I will never understand or support her cheating but I still consider myself a fan of hers)

kyuu wrote:she must be incredible well conected and liked in the industry huh. I would like to see if she can manage to turn the tide on her favour.
...but yeah please dont coincide with Sayu's big send off

Now, I've only met one person who's worked with her (and it was several years ago), but according to him she is/was admired for her hard work and always being professional. :thumbs-up:

But yeah, I wish that the timing for her potential comeback isn't going to overshadow Sayu's graduation.
himonomusume
Senior Initiate

Postby AyuHikaru » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:35 am

I don't think what she did was right, but I'm also of a mind that someone's personal life is really none of my business, so I have no judgement what-so-ever if she wants to come back to her professional life.

But yeah doing it during Sayu's grad would be a disrespectful but totally something a management company would come up with to get her attention.
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

Postby Zunu » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:56 am

I think you guys might be overly pessimistic about this. The way I see it, they're hoping for a synergistic effect. Mari's comeback is going to call attention to Hello!Project as a whole and may hopefully cause more people to be interested in Sayumi's graduation than otherwise. And if her comeback is a success, it's going to make it easier for Sayu to make her own post-Musume connections. She'll be able to say, hey, I'm just as hard working as Yaguchi but with none of the scandalous background. Yet look how well she's managed to do for herself -- I'm an even BETTER investment.

There's definitely an element of risk there, but it's a risk with a nice potential payoff.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby Nono » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:57 am

What Yaguchi (AND the guy she was with) did was wrong but I'm still a fan of her. The witch-hunt like behavior towards her some people have is a lil troubling. I doubt it would happen the day of Sayu's grad, but if it does then ok bring out the pitchforks.

anyway
Nono
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Maki Goto

Postby Zunu » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:22 am

Hell's bells, she's lovely. :)
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby Shabranikuduu » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:57 pm

Maki looks so cute in that picture.

Speaking of Yaguchi, I don't condone what she did but I watched that "husbands of MM" or something that aired a few days before the scandal went public and the way her husband was just "she doesn't cook, she doesn't clean, she doesn't do anything around the house" (plus the allegations of domestic violence) made me hate the guy and somewhat not mind what Yaguchi did. I mean, at the time Yaguchi was clearly the bigger celebrity of the couple and had a busy professional life, it's not like it would have killed him to do the chores around the house. /end rant
Shabranikuduu
Acolyte

Postby Starra » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:39 pm

I've never really been a fan of Mari, tbh. Something about her always bugged me since I first started getting into MM。. She just... was never my kind of idol, and I found her annoying for whatever reason.

Both her scandals made me kinda dislike her more, but I certainly don't hate her. Still, cheating is not good, even if the husband is probably an asshole and we don't know her circumstances.

If she wants to come back to showbiz, sure, whatever. I just don't think she'll have nearly as many fans as she did once upon a time. Shit, even Nacchi couldn't regain her popularity after her scandals back in the day.

I dunno, call me an asshole, but I feel like if you fuck up you should be punished for it. I never really feel sorry for idols who get caught in dating scandals (which Mari did... almost ten years ago, holy shit), since, to me, it feels like they don't care about their fans since they're breaking the rules. Sure, the rules are bullshit, but I dunno they're still rules.

If it's a stupid scandal (like Nacchi's Playstation thing), then lol. But something serious like the recent Nogizaka fiasco? If an idol does things like that I judge them. Which is bad, I know, but it's something I've just kinda always done... :unsure:

I get that they're only human, and I'm probably being far too harsh, but eh. Obviously people can still support idols that are involved in scandals and stuff, and since we don't know the circumstances it doesn't automatically make them a shitty person, but imo it's still. Not a good thing.
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby Shabranikuduu » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:07 pm

I agree that we certainly don't know everything about the scandal, I just reacted really strongly to his words (rationally or not) and they still annoy me to this day.

I'm more on the fence about the no dating rule. It's mostly applied to teenagers who, on top of going through a stressful time of life, also have to deal with the stress of being an idol so I don't think they're necessarily going to be very rational when it comes to dating and rules. But I do agree that rules are rules and should be applied consistently, even if I don't agree with them personally.

I don't think you're being too harsh, btw.
Shabranikuduu
Acolyte

Postby kyuu » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:25 am

funny thing is that if she returns to work she's probably still get more visibility and jobs than the 90% of the OGs :giggle:

of course it will be difficult but once she is "in" she can work herself up the ladder again.
kyuu
Acolyte

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project