OG (Graduated Members) / M-line Club / M-line Music

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: OG (Graduated Members) Thread

Postby Jessi » Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:09 pm

teth wrote:I think she was trying to do something similar to being an idol again?
Not sure
In any case, people already considered her to be old and not relevant when she tried to make that group back then already

On another note,
I think top 3 most disliked MM member in history nowadays are

- Kago
- Yaguchi
- Ichii

Wait why Ichii??
youtube.com/luciditi
Jessi

Favorite Idol: 佐藤 優樹

Postby erilaz » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:27 pm

Back in the day, they were my top three. And I still love 'em all. :fear:

Out of my whole Morning Musume。 uchiwa collection, the only one I have out on permanent display is the one with the Happy Summer Wedding lineup. Why? Because it's the only one that has Yaguchi, Kago, and Ichii (plus Iida and Yoshizawa, rounding out my top five).
"Sometimes it seems as though the whole point of the Japanese writing system is to keep non-Japanese people from understanding what the hell is going on." — Dave Barry
erilaz
Lazarus

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

Postby Starra » Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:41 pm

Jessi wrote:
Wait why Ichii??

She made some comments about how UF* never approached her to be in Dream Morning Musume。(despite her not being part of the agency and having had not been part of the entertainment industry from 2003-2009) and other such things and sounded bitter about it all, IIRC. Plus she's in her second marriage, which Japan seems to not like.

She was also part of OFR48, an idol group made to recruit staff for onsens (hot springs), saunas, etc (I think, at least?) even though she was only in the group for three months, lol. That said, she did also audition for the "adult" (as in grown up, not sexual/suggestive) AKB48 thing. So I guess some of the animosity comes from that, perhaps?

She's definitely one of my least favourite MM。members but I've never been a fan of her (same with Mari, she's always annoyed me even before all her scandals). I don't think she's nasty or a bad person or anything, though.
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby Chibs » Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:51 pm

She always come of as stuck up to me or at least that is the vibe i get whenever i see her.
ImageImage
Chibs

Favorite Idol: Eri Kamei

Postby Amped » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:26 pm

Upfront Sapporo's Miyoshi Erika announced that she is pregnant and the baby is scheduled to be born in January 2017.
http://ameblo.jp/miyoshierika/entry-12188950115.html
Amped
High Priest

Favorite Idol: 工どう由愛

Postby Jessi » Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:42 pm

Starra wrote:
Jessi wrote:
Wait why Ichii??

She made some comments about how UF* never approached her to be in Dream Morning Musume。(despite her not being part of the agency and having had not been part of the entertainment industry from 2003-2009) and other such things and sounded bitter about it all, IIRC. Plus she's in her second marriage, which Japan seems to not like.

She was also part of OFR48, an idol group made to recruit staff for onsens (hot springs), saunas, etc (I think, at least?) even though she was only in the group for three months, lol. That said, she did also audition for the "adult" (as in grown up, not sexual/suggestive) AKB48 thing. So I guess some of the animosity comes from that, perhaps?

She's definitely one of my least favourite MM。members but I've never been a fan of her (same with Mari, she's always annoyed me even before all her scandals). I don't think she's nasty or a bad person or anything, though.

Thanks for the reminder! I actually remember the AKB48 audition thing and that short period where she was flirting with the idea of trying to be an idol again. I think she may have just been upset about Dream Morning Musume and was kind of "acting out" in a way. Its a bit sad to think that one short period ruined her reputation among fans, when before that I don't recall anyone having any serious issues with her.

Japanese society tends to come off as very unforgiving in a way that we just aren't in the US and in other countries. I mean look at all the things that happened to Britney Spears in 2007 and yet she was able to come back and release a few more successful albums and get a few TV deals despite everything. I was a huge fan of Kago, Ichii and Mari and even with the scandals I don't think I can openly dislike them. Even with Kago, I'm more concerned for her than anything else.
youtube.com/luciditi
Jessi

Favorite Idol: 佐藤 優樹

Postby Sohee » Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:09 pm

Acting out over nothing when you're in your late 20s/early 30s? In public on top of that? Basically whining and complaining abt the agency who was the one to give you a career in the first place?
Yeah, sorry, I'm not gonna root for that kind of attitude. Time to grow up.
Sohee
Hierophant

Favorite Idol: Kamei Eri

Postby Starra » Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:46 pm

Jessi wrote:Japanese society tends to come off as very unforgiving in a way that we just aren't in the US and in other countries. I mean look at all the things that happened to Britney Spears in 2007 and yet she was able to come back and release a few more successful albums and get a few TV deals despite everything. I was a huge fan of Kago, Ichii and Mari and even with the scandals I don't think I can openly dislike them. Even with Kago, I'm more concerned for her than anything else.

I think it comes down to a trust thing, on top of not following rules and all that. From my understanding, fans of said members (or anyone involved in a scandal) most likely feel betrayed. It may seem silly to us, especially divorces and such, but if you don't follow society in the way it wants you to (having a happy marriage, for example), people will make fun of you.

Another part of it is honour. If you fuck up, it's seen as shameful and dishonourable and you're gonna be reminded of it for the rest of your life and made an example of so that people (and you) don't make the same mistake. Some of it is probably over trivial things, but most of it seems justified to an extent.

I don't always agree with the extent that Japanese society (at least online) tends to make fun of people caught up in scandals. A lot of the time they're pretty much nothing, but there is that cultural difference which is important to remember (not saying you're not aware of it, Jessi).

From what I know, nobody involved in a scandal really recovers their original popularity, if H!P members are anything to go by. Mari and Kago were both massively popular until their scandals came out (and with Kago it was the repeat offences of smoking that lead to UF being like "bye", they did try to give her a chance). Mari's finally starting to appear on TV again after her divorce but from my knowledge the general public still doesn't like her much. With Kago, yeah, I just feel sorry for her since in her case most of it was beyond her control. She keeps making dumb decisions, but that's not entirely her fault either...

Another example is Nacchi. After her plagiarism scandal, she went on hiatus for two months (and I think a single was cancelled?) and once she came back she wasn't as popular. She still fared better than most of the other members, but her popularity was definitely impacted.

I could be wrong on some of this, but that's my interpretation anyway. I don't disagree with it all but I don't agree with it all either. As I said, I never liked Mari, Kago or Ichii before their scandals so it doesn't mean much to me personally.
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby Amped » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:45 pm

Maeda Yuki gave birth to a healthy baby boy by cesarean operation safely on August. 8th
http://twitter.com/yuki_maeda_/status/7 ... 5315952640
Amped
High Priest

Postby Amped » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:11 pm

Aichan & Reina FC event "T & T Kiiro to Mizuiro" at Shinagawa Intercity Hall 160811

1.Resonant Blue
2.Naichau Kamo
MC
3.First Kiss (Aa!)
MC
4.One Two Three
5.The Matenrou Show
6.Wakuteka Take a Chance
MC
7.Brainstorming (Vocals : Reina, Dance : Aichan)
MC
8.Otome no Shojijou (LoVendoЯ)
9.Ikujinashi (LoVendoЯ)
MC
10.What is LOVE?
11.Kono Chikyuu no Heiwa wo Honki de Negatterun da yo!

Encore
12.Ai no Sono ~Touch My Heart!~
MC
13.Kioku no Meiro (High-King)
Amped
High Priest

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project