OG (Graduated Members) / M-line Club / M-line Music

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: OG (Graduated Members) Thread

Postby Denki » Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:46 am

She got it from the other forum. Both quotes are from Berikyuu!
Spoiler: show
Looks like Kago got back together with her husband, reason being she can't support herself financially without him :(

And just to double check whether or not this article was the real deal, I checked Kago's blog. She deleted the post she made earlier this month announcing her divorce.

I'm so physically and emotionally upset for her. I....I really don't know what to say.

[source of article]

[error message from Kago's deleted blog post]: http://www.diamondblog.jp/kago_ai/2015/04/03/ファンの皆様へ/

So after reading the article again, it looks like she's talking about not being able to afford how much it would cost to actually go through the divorce process? Either way though, I had no idea she was in that bad of a financial situation.

But I mean, that doesn't mean she can't be separated from him, right? I know people do that all the time; they can't afford to legally divorce due to all the fees, so they just separate. But maybe in Japan that's seen as taboo? And maybe she really can't support herself and Minami without him?

No matter which way you look at it, it's incredibly depressing and I really do feel terrible for her. I just wish for once something good would come her way.
Love you to pieces, Aibon. Stay strong.

I was interested in a source, so I went searching there first...
Denki

Favorite Idol: えりぽん

Postby iceymoon » Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:57 am

thank you Denki! i would usually like to think that only word from Kago herself can be confirmation. but alas, that's just wishful thinking because there's the deleted post, as well as the fact that the last few news stories on her all ended up being true. :/ i'm hoping the "can't afford a divorce" is more accurate than the "needs her husband's financial support" interpretation, as the latter might mean worse things for her in the long run, while the former might be more temporary.

poor Kago. as much as i was looking forward to her return to singing with Girls Beat, i truly wish nothing for her except that she find happiness.
iceymoon

Postby aerosuffly » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:32 pm

Celedam wrote:
aerosuffly wrote:There is NO WAY she would not be able to support herself financially if she actually work!

Given her recent history, would you hire her?

And please answer as an employer, not as a fan.

YES, not as a talent in entertainment industry, but I would hire her as a clerk or a waitress for my restaurant, and then I might give her a chance to sing in front of my customers if it can help me sell more food. Having a tie with yakuza basically kills her future in Japanese entertainment industry. Shimada Shinsuke had to retire because of that. But Aibon does not really have any crime history except underage smoking long time ago. Of course, she tried to commit suicide, implying that she is not psychologically stable, and she is stilled legally married to an ex-yakuza. But if she come to my job interview, and can prove that she no longer has a tire with her husband, and she looks okay psychologically, I would hire her. If she wants a real fresh new start, she will have to get divorced, throw away her past and start from the bottom like any other commoners. There is no short cut like marrying a Yakuza who started a production company for you. Otani Masae is now working part time during the day at a hot dog shop near Hello! Store Akiba and singing in various bars at night (according to herself in one of Tower Record idol show). I am not trying to blame Aibon. Instead, I feel sympathy for her because we know that she is not equipped with enough skills to live in a normal society like us. She is so much better in decision making now, so I hope things will work out for her.

For the divorce fees, it still sounds very weird because, from an outsider standpoint, she will definitely win the divorce case and get some compensation money from her husband, and the lawyer can take some of that money has his fee. Maybe she just cannot find a lawyer who wants to jump into a boat with her.
aerosuffly
Minion

Postby forgetmenots » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:26 pm

Kago doesn't have family she can fall back on, does she? It is VERY hard to make it in Japanese society with a kid completely on your own, unfortunately. She'd only be able to get part time jobs thus would have to work constantly, and not only would she have to pay for the divorce to get out, she'd also have to pay to move. It can be upwards of $2000 dollars to pay for a down payment of a tiny apartment, probably closer to around $4000 for enough space for her and her kid to live in, maybe even more if she's trying for good city location. And honestly Japan is so image driven that Kago's media image may keep her from getting anything more than a part time job.

From what I know of how divorce works in Japan, Kago would by default be given full custody of her daughter (shared custody does not exist really), but wouldn't get any child support either. I don't believe, in fact, according to law, he has to give her any money at all if he doesn't want to. It's not something I'm an expert on though, I just took a class on Gender Issues in Japan during a Study Abroad once and read a bunch of articles in relation to it.

It's a terrible situation to be in. Especially if she went public saying she was getting a divorce, pretty much shaming him and then in turn ends up having to stay with him.

Not good at all....
forgetmenots
Queen of All Banners

Favorite Idol: Maachan, Nonaka, Oda

Postby Zunu » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:46 pm

gofundme.com

Oh wait, that doesn't exist in Japan. Too bad, I would legit go fund her.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby Celedam » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:37 pm

The last installment of Weekly Patlabor before the release of the big finale movie…

She looks so different with that hair. :blink:

Oh, also, a special appearance by Guillermo del Toro, who was introduced to Patlabor by James Cameron and compares it to his own Pacific Rim.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby boinsie » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:54 pm

The hair, and I think she has some much more mature makeup going on there.
boinsie
Guru

Postby Mixi » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:16 pm

Erina's hair. :wacko: It doesn't look bad, but it doesn't fit her. I'm confused. What's up with idols dying their hair recently?
Mixi
Minion

Favorite Idol: 和田彩花

Postby Sohee » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:56 pm

Mano isn't an idol. :b

But really? Thank god some dye their hair and give us variety.
Sohee
Hierophant

Favorite Idol: Kamei Eri

Postby Daisuki Daiiyo » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:31 am

forgetmenots wrote:From what I know of how divorce works in Japan, Kago would by default be given full custody of her daughter (shared custody does not exist really), but wouldn't get any child support either. I don't believe, in fact, according to law, he has to give her any money at all if he doesn't want to. It's not something I'm an expert on though, I just took a class on Gender Issues in Japan during a Study Abroad once and read a bunch of articles in relation to it.

It's a terrible situation to be in. Especially if she went public saying she was getting a divorce, pretty much shaming him and then in turn ends up having to stay with him.

Not good at all....

Late to the party but, having (sort of) recently watched all of Divorce Chaser (lol), depending on the terms of the divorce, Kago very well could get compensation. She'd just have to have a good lawyer, and of course paying for one might be where the hang-up lies.

Of course the show itself can get to be pretty outlandish, but the laws referenced in each episode are based in fact. (It also features H!P Alum, Nakayama Nana.)
Daisuki Daiiyo
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Goto Maki

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project