Ogata Risa Thread: 1st album "montage" [6/19]

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: The H!P Musings/Rants Thread

Postby Amped » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:16 am

Sohee wrote:Can we at least make a separate thread for the Ogata story, so people who don't wanna deal with speculating/interpreting/judging and/or possible hating on whoever, can avoid it without having to scroll pass pages in this very general thread? :lol:

It's rather annoying when it bumps to the top of the page.

I'm sorry, but telling people to not discuss this whole ordeal is kind of ridiculous. :| We've certainly discussed scandals that have been much worse, so why is this one off-limits?
It's not like anybody is forcing anyone else to participate. If you don't want to partake in this particular discussion, then don't! Surely it can be that simple.

No one said to stop discussing it. More like stop sharing the disgusting details of it of whoever is translating all over the internet like some sick tabloid.

Okay. What this needs forum is more negativity. Go right ahead.
Amped
High Priest

Re: Ogata Risa on indefinite hiatus from Tsubaki Factory

Postby Jessi » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:51 am

There is a difference between talking about this incident and speculating on the rumors surrounding it. While I don’t see an issue with people talking about the incident more generally, if it were to delve into a conversation specifically regarding the accusations that were brought up, particularly because we don’t know anything about the day to day of the girls lives, it would all be speculative, have no substance, and might lend to toxicity. There is no point of debating whether Kiki faked a hernia for example and I’d prefer we keep away from that sort of talk. However, discussing whether or not idols should have private spaces where they can vent their feelings (is it self care or is unprofessional?) seems within the realm of acceptable debate. I don’t think anyone has really veered in a negative direction yet but it’s something to keep in mind.
youtube.com/luciditi
Jessi

Favorite Idol: 佐藤 優樹

Postby RpgN » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:13 am

I don’t agree with the ‘stop spreading the disgusting things’ part. I don’t visit other H!P sites. Here is where I get to read everything. If the news comes out that she is on an indefinite hiatus, then I would like to know why and what she said. I think it’s also fair to discuss the points she said. We’re all fans here. I imagine we’re going to be civil about it just fine.
RpgN
Acolyte

Postby Doraleous » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:24 am

Idk what all the fuss is about.

She's badass man, she had her own death note.
Doraleous
Senior Initiate

Postby boinsie » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:52 am

^ Write out a Death Note for your workplace and see if you get fired or not. :lol:
--

Anyway, I can't help but wonder how differently management might have reacted to this if it had all been revealed a few months ago, instead of during the promotion/release period for the group's first single in 8 months.

It's one thing to...
Spoiler: show
have a secret Instagram account, or
bad-mouth the fans, or
bad-mouth your coworkers, or
go out to a drinking party during COVID restrictions, or
be an H!P idol and discuss practicing french kissing with another girl.
... but all of it together? In "secret" (but actually to a select audience of 30 people)?

Ogata's fans should count themselves lucky that she even has a potential chance to come back with H!P. XD

That being said, though I didn't expect it, I do really appreciate Up Front being lenient with her about this. We're all feeling the mental crush from COVID. If she's actually not happy doing what she's doing, she'll be able to make her exit, and if she's in a crappy mental place but it's salvageable after hashing things out, then maybe she can return.
But it's definitely going to have to take some time, because can you imagine the precedent it sets for the other girls re: breaking rules? "No private social media/etc/etc, unless we just look the other way!" :fear:
boinsie
Guru

Postby Tobo_Junny135 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:54 am

Nooo not Risa!! :(
If all of what she wrote is true I fear that maybe Tsubaki may end like Kobushi and I hope that isn’t the case, I was actually starting to like them.
But considering Oota has still yet to return, I really hope the same situation isn’t as long for her.
Tobo_Junny135
Acolyte

Postby B8067HC » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:01 am

Hahaa, death note..
But accidentally the death note was uploaded into private online platform. This is when the problem started, is there anyone she can trust (including her inner circle)?

The case should be finished now (she put on indefinite hiatus), but management and all haropro members have a one important lesson learned. For their own safety, delete personal (or unofficial) SNS account, whatever on their mind will be kept themselves or their close relative.
B8067HC
Senior Initiate

Postby Jessi » Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:52 pm

Or just write your thoughts in a notebook and hide it under your mattress each night like us old timers used to do. :grin:

But in all seriousness I hope she has learned from this experience and if she is lucky to be allowed to return one day I hope she finds a healthier outlet for her to express her personal feelings.

Yumeno’s post gave me hope that their is a path towards forgiveness and reconciliation. I can’t imagine anything other than her riding out her contract and graduating, but it does seem like the foundation is being set for the potential opportunity of her rejoining in the future, if things pan out that way.

That’s my last two cents on this though. I sincerely hope for the best for everyone.
youtube.com/luciditi
Jessi

Favorite Idol: 佐藤 優樹

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:40 am

Me personally, it's not about the juicy details of what she wrote, it's just the fact that she did write it and share it with a small number of people. I don't care what she wrote, but it was deemed by everyone involved (and what it is exactly is still private enough) to be "too far", and that's where I draw the line.

I don't think she's a bad person, and I think she was just dumping her brain onto a medium like most people do - but she shared her brain dumps with a select few who obviously betrayed her trust. Brain dumps are okay to have! ...It's not okay to have brain dumps shared with other people.

I don't know any of the psychological happenings surrounding the situation, but as we've already mentioned above, I hope she recovers from this and I hope her career doesn't nosedive from it. Everyone deserves a second chance, even if it's not in H!P.
No Berryz, No Life.
Please people, I'm a "he" not a "she".
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Location: A giant crocodile-shaped island next to a huge apple
Favorite Idol: Cappy, Daaishi, Duu, Maho

Postby TotallyUncool » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:43 pm

I haven't been paying too much attention to the details of what she was saying, or how people reacted - mostly just enough to get a general picture. But it really does seem like a case of someone venting about life, work, and co-workers, and the whole thing turning into a problem largely because it became public.

But it got me thinking about that quote from Gabriel Garcia Marquez - "Everyone has three lives: a public life, a private life and a secret life."

Which is, I think, a hugely important point, although I'd take it even further by saying that there are degrees of public, private, and secret - and with just about any action you take, you have to be at least somewhat aware of not only where that action is on the public-private-secret scale, but where you want it to be.

One of the problems of online life is that it often isn't easy to tell where you are on that scale - the safest approach is to probably assume that whatever you're doing is at least a few degrees closer to the public end than you think it is. Most of us have a fairly large margin of error, simply because we're low-visibility (not even pseudo-celebrities). But if you're high-visibility, even a small difference in where your actions fall on that scale can turn out to be very important.

In a lot of ways, it sounds like that's what happened with Risa - she treated whatever social media/messaging system she was using (SNS? Insta? Whatever.) as if it was somewhere over on the secret end of the range, when in practice, it was more like on the border between public and private.

I don't know whether entertainment-industry agencies actually try to educate the performers they represent about understanding and maintaining appropriate levels of privacy or secrecy, or whether they just tell them which social media they can or can't use, and leave it at that - probably the latter. But it sure sounds like everyone involved would be much better off if Risa had received some serious instruction in the what, why, and how of keeping things genuinely secret (as opposed to just "don't do it").
If madness made us strong, we would all be invincible.
TotallyUncool
#Member

Location: Gaslighting myself, but then again, I would do that, wouldn't I?
Favorite Idol: Siao Fongfong '66

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project