S/mileage's new name is ANGERME, 3rd gen members announced

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: S/mileage's new members announced, new name suggestions being accepted until 10/31

Postby AyuHikaru » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:38 pm

Rikako has boundless energy and is almost hard not to watch.
Murotan is ALREADY one of their best dancers. Dancing Ace? Man she was dancing like she's been there for years.
Maho needs work, but damn she's cute.

3rd gen is my favorite gen
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

Re: S/mileage's new members announced, new name suggestions being accepted until 10/31

Postby Amped » Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:07 pm

Amped
High Priest

Postby sada* » Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:09 pm

The camera work wasn't the best either.

I'm going to wait for a better shot of them dancing as a group together before I can really judge 3rd gen + S/mileage.
sada*
Acolyte

Postby koregaboku » Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:10 pm

1) Overall not a bad performance although I feel like starting off the group at H!P Con would've seemed more fitting
2) I missed the memo that Meimi chopped off her hair. I was not mentally/emotionally prepared for it
3) Dawa stuck out like a sore thumb because of her outfit. It was fashionable yes but seemed oddly more mature than anyone else's. As if we didn't already know Dawa is absolutely stunning and well beyond Yume Miru 15.
4) And the main point;

I'm really freaking glad that 3rd gen was added. I felt like there was always an uneasy tension between 1st Gen and 2nd Gen. Obviously S/mileage needed 2nd Gen to continue what with Saki and Yuka leaving but at the same time I got the vibe from Kanon and Dawa that this wasn't the group they signed up for. With 3rd Gen and the formal acknowledgement that S/mileage will (likely) continue post-Kanon and Dawa as well as opening the doors to future generations it let a lot of that tension go. I think Kanon and Dawa can take it a little easier now and 2nd gen can rest easy knowing that they have jobs even if their seniors want to graduate/quit. I think that this was a great business decision for UF* because the company obviously poured money into this group when they (1) put it together and (2) decided to continue even after two of the girls left. This lets UF* re-brand and reinvigorate the brand that is S/mileage which I honestly think suffered a little bit during this past transitional phase.
koregaboku
Psychic

Favorite Idol: Airiiiiii <3

Postby forgetmenots » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:00 pm

Wow I wasn't expecting that to be such a natural addition. Murotan especially caused me to take a double take because I thought she was one of the 1st or 2nd gen at first. All three are energetic dancers as well, which I think will be great. Before we had Meimi and Takechan being overly energetic, Ayaka being high energy but perfect, Kana being about medium, Kanon dancing well, but lower energy than others and then well Rina... is Rina...

It's only judging on a small clip but I think Rikako is similar to Takechan and Meimi and the other two being at Ayaka's level, so instead of both the super high energy and Rina seriously standing out, it'll just be.. Rina XD But in general I think they'll look more balanced when performing live.
forgetmenots
Queen of All Banners

Favorite Idol: Maachan, Nonaka, Oda

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:28 pm

I was watching some girls and thought "Wow, wada looks super cute and is dancing super well for once!!!" and then I noticed that it was actually Murotan. xD
3RD GEN Y U BETTER THAN S/MILEAGE!? (other than Kananana, of course. <3 <3)
Also, Meimi was clearly holding back with her singing voice which was making me cringe at some parts. >.> (like, she could clearly have sung parts certain ways, but then half way through she cut herself off from doing it well. o.o)
No Berryz, No Life.
Please people, I'm a "he" not a "she".
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Location: A giant crocodile-shaped island next to a huge apple
Favorite Idol: Cappy, Daaishi, Duu, Maho

Postby Panic Nancy » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:38 pm

BerryzGiraffe3705 wrote:I was watching some girls and thought "Wow, wada looks super cute and is dancing super well for once!!!" and then I noticed that it was actually Murotan. xD

Dawa almost always dances quite well. :?:
Panic Nancy
Minion

Postby jinqin321 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:43 pm

OK I may be hated by this but whatever.
I kinda wish the 3rd gen were the 2nd gen together with Meimei. That would be one tight strong group and would surely help S/Mileage's popularity a lot. Rikako has ace potential.
jinqin321
Acolyte

Postby otaku_blue » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:54 pm

editing was pretty bad cant really say much @_@ a few pointless shots
they kinda look a bunch of delinquents with those outfits, but the group is definitely a lot cuter now.

Maho is totally a cutie in that performance. Rikako kinda knows she isnt vocally strong, but makes up for it with her dancing and charisma.
I agree that Mizuki gives that genuine feeling of being happy to be there, and it makes me happy knowing that we have members like that now.
Plus, all these genki dancers totally hide how apathetic Rina looks when she dances so thats good.

im so excited for 9-nin S/mileage.
otaku_blue
Devotee

Postby Shabranikuduu » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:11 pm

Yeah, seeing Murotan look just so happy to be on stage and performing is so heart-warming. I'm so glad she was added to S/mileage and that she didn't leave before her debut. The other two are adorable, but Murotan is positively sparkling with happiness in that performance. And Kananan continues to impress me with how much she's improved since she joined.
Shabranikuduu
Acolyte

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project