Switch to full style
Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more
Post a reply

favorite song?

TIKI BUN
33%
Shaba daba doo
23%
Mikaeri Bijin
44%

Total votes : 66

Re: [10/15] Morning Musume。'14 57th single - TIKI BUN/Shabadabadoo~/Mikaeri Bijin

Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:47 am

^^I know right???? Except, soundless. :P

Mikaeri Bijin... DAMN IT ;-; SO SAD ;-;

Shabadabadoo... only gets better. XD

Also, as much as i wanna say "omg poor girls! let them rest...", it IS a week before the release and they are trying their hardest to get this to sell easily 160k+, if not 200k... since it's sayu's last... so, realistically, this is the only option. :P

Re: [10/15] Morning Musume。'14 57th single - TIKI BUN/Shabadabadoo~/Mikaeri Bijin

Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:21 pm

Mikaeri Bijin was so sad. ;__; It made me tear up. My boyfriend thinks I'm crazy.

Shabadabadoo was amazing! <3 Sayuuu!

Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:49 pm

promotion

Billboard Japan special interview with Riho
http://www.billboard-japan.com/special/detail/1036

buy the single at the H!P Shops, get a solo signed poster
http://www.helloproject.com/news/2088/

Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:58 am

Music Japan, 10/12
http://www.helloproject.com/media/tv/

Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:59 am

I dislike how they translated ああ、ああ、もったいないよ いい女。
It shouldn't be "we will miss you."
it should be
"Ah, you were too good for us, you beautiful lady." or "you nice lady."

Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:45 am

Not saying you're wrong, and definitely not claiming to know any more than you, but my own very limited experience with mottainai being translated as "too good for us" is that when so translated it's always in the context of daredare ni wa mottainai.

I feel like the simplest, level-0 translation would be something like "ah well, what a waste (that you're leaving), good woman." But for the feeling that they are trying to convey in exclaiming mottainaiyo, "We'll miss you" seems like it might be an accurate representation of that. This is going back to what someone was saying earlier to the effect that translations should elicit a comparable feeling in the listener as was originally intended, and not necessarily be word-for-word identical.

As I've mentioned before, I know a great many fluently bilingual people who work professionally as translators and such, and even after many years of full immersion, they routinely get very easily tripped up over the simplest idiomatic expressions. My impression is that translating *well* is a lot harder than it seems. It's a lot easier to snipe from the sidelines at the occasional off translation than to do it ourselves on a regular basis. That's not to say that some translations aren't point blank terribad, but this isn't one of them, I don't think.

Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:53 am

It's much better than it used to be. I think we are starting to forget that. You have to give them some credit.

Doesn't anyone remember the "breast cleavage" part in Juice=Juice's Hadaka no Kiss?? Haha

Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:01 am

"Gundan of Love"

They didn't even try with this one.

Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:04 am

"GUNDAN" of the love, you mean.

Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:06 am

All I know is that this is an awesome single.
The Platinum era is starting to become just a faded memory.
I still love Gaki-san best though. :P
Post a reply